• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need ideas for my gas tank issue.

Bucketheadben

NAXJA Forum User
I've swapped the entire drivetrain from my 99XJ into my MJ, now I have to figure out how to get fuel to it. Id really like to keep the tank in the stock MJ location, but he XJ tank will not fit naturally. So I'm wandering if anyone knows the measurements of a TJ or Grand Cherokee gas tank. Maybe one of those will fit. Or if there is no other option, I'll put a fuel cell in the bed. Has anybody been faced with this issue or have any ideas.
Thanks
Ben

Well, I ended up using the MJ tank and pump as suggested by others. They said if I swap in a H.O fuel rail and injectors for my 99 fuel rail and injectors it would be fine.

I finish swapping everything over and it won't start. The fuel rail is full of gas and I'm getting spark to the plugs but it will not start. It turns over and it sounds like it's trying to fire but all it does is sputter while the starter is engaged. Any ideas? Thanks
Ben

are the injectors plugged in, silly but could be a problem. or not plugged into correct plug maybe.

pull a spark plug wire, turn it over a few times, pull a spark plug and see if it has any fuel on it? if the rail has fuel, but none on plug then I would think there is an injector problem in between.

Back