• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a little background help.

catal77

NAXJA Forum User
hey fellas well i bought a 99 jeep about 3 wks ago. i checked for codes and found some o2 sensor codes. also the reader said mil was on. it wasnt on in the cluster. so i pull the cluster out and lo and behold the mil bulb is gone.
also there is junkyard paint on the cluster. so now i am wondering if the car has been wrecked or worse flooded.
can anybody help a fellow jeeper with a carfax. thanks.

well some one pulled the bulb so you wouldnt see the MIL so im going to guess more than just the sensor it self is bad, maybe faulty wiring or your PCM maybe on its way out....could be from a flood or wreck

what part of Houston do you live in? Maybe after this weekend you can head tward the woodlands and some of us can get together and figure it out.

i am on 45s and 610. i switched the bulb from the lift gate warining light over to the mil light. and solved. now i just want the history to see if the mileage is correct and to see if it was flooded or wrecked.
midian i will be heading up to my buddies house on 45n and 1960 tomorrow. bought a new battery, 2gauge ground and positive cables, and brass marine type clamps. will be putting those on. if everything goes good might head over to spring creek for a while and see what the stocker can do.

The guages could have been swapped for a number of reasons. However, I would just run a carfax so you can see how bad off your mileage might be, and whether it has been in any major incidents or not. I have also purchased vehicles where previous owners covered the CEL due to trouble codes. If yours went away with the new sensor you may be fine. I have had some real nightmares related to that in the past though.

i am on 45s and 610. i switched the bulb from the lift gate warining light over to the mil light. and solved. now i just want the history to see if the mileage is correct and to see if it was flooded or wrecked.
midian i will be heading up to my buddies house on 45n and 1960 tomorrow. bought a new battery, 2gauge ground and positive cables, and brass marine type clamps. will be putting those on. if everything goes good might head over to spring creek for a while and see what the stocker can do.

Ok well magimerlin and I are going to Gilmer for our RoM so I wont be around tomorrow. But I would like for you to come back up our way and hang out sometime.

Back