• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a favor...... Parts at salvage yard in Ohio needed

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Gentlemen...... Need a favor. Desperately need someone to save some rare MJ parts at a Cleveland salvage yard.

At Pull-a-Part Cleveland west, there is an MJ with rare fiberglass dually fenders that I can't bear to see crushed. I've tried getting the MJ community over on Comanche Club to go grab them but time and schedules are conflicting and the truck is to be crushed soon!

Anyone willing to go grab these fenders ($50 each per the yard)? If I can't find someone local to you or closer than me to buy them.... I will.

Please PM me if you are interested in helping an MJ obsessed NAXJA brother save these rare parts!

Here's a photo of the truck at the yard:

BBAAA5E6-49CD-43C4-919F-A84CA500A7FA.jpg

how did you get pictures from the pull a part?

yes. I will go retrieve them on weds. I assume cutting the bedsides off with the fenders intact is an alright method?

there looks to be a treasure trove of things there that I may like to have. I would assume factory buckets and console. The sliding rear glass and the tail lights for sure.
I assume that thing has a D44 rear, were the dually ones standard width? I'll probably snag up the springs too, assuming they are stupid heavy duty.

that front bumper looks different as well

I think it's got extended flares and bumper end caps.

I wonder if the d 30 had spacers to match the track width of the rear?

I'm also curious as to the shaving of the b pillar vents.
it also looks like it may have some sort of lip spolier on the back of the cab.

I'm gonna have to go check this thing out.

Yella, do you have plans for them?

I actually considered driving to OH to grab these a few weekends ago but stuff came up and I couldn't. If you don't have plans for them, but don't want to see them crushed, you know I've been wanting to build something like what you've got going for quite a while... and you already have a set :eyes:

If so, Nate, I'll pay you whatever they charge you plus whatever you want for your time. Not sure how to ship them...

I actually considered driving to OH to grab these a few weekends ago but stuff came up and I couldn't. If you don't have plans for them, but don't want to see them crushed, you know I've been wanting to build something like what you've got going for quite a while... and you already have a set :eyes:

If so, Nate, I'll pay you whatever they charge you plus whatever you want for your time. Not sure how to ship them...

I would bring them to harlan for you.

if I'd known this was the 90 comanche in the yard over there I would have raped and pillaged it a while ago.

but I figured it was just another wrecked MJ. still curious who took the photo, but didn't grab that stuff.
I also assume that it has a metric tonne suspension and D44. I will certainly be helping myself to those items if they're still present weds.

I'm going to NACfest if a part train is needed and Harlan isn't going to work.

I can drive within minutes of manche going east.

mac 'keep it in mind' gyvr

The only plans I had for those fenders was to do my best to save them..... if that meant buying them then I would, but if someone else wants them and can make the arrangements to get 'em........ PLEASE DO! I do indeed have a pair already so I'm not looking to be a dually fender hog..... :thumbup:

A ComancheClub guy has posted up that he will in fact be going there monday morning to scuttle the truck of all those interesting parts. I'm basically listed on that thread as a potential buyer if no one else ponies up.

Ken, I can let you know if those fenders end up needing a home if they don't find one over on ComancheClub......

I think it's got extended flares and bumper end caps.

I wonder if the d 30 had spacers to match the track width of the rear?

I'm also curious as to the shaving of the b pillar vents.
it also looks like it may have some sort of lip spolier on the back of the cab.

I'm gonna have to go check this thing out.

Yeah, it appears that truck may have had one of those coveted air dams up front as the end caps do appear to be the remnants of an air dam. It probably got damaged and at some point, someone trimmed off the dam and left the end caps (the caps and dam were all formed in one piece originally).

As far as spacers, if this truck had been a dually, yeah, there was a funky dually adapter set that bolted to the D44/D35 and used those wide 5-lug pattern wheels like you see on the Isuzu box trucks. I'm guessing the dually adaptors and wheels were removed long before the truck got to the yard - seeing as how it, and other vehicles in the photo have tires/wheels on them.... probably didn't arrive at the yard with them.

The only plans I had for those fenders was to do my best to save them..... if that meant buying them then I would, but if someone else wants them and can make the arrangements to get 'em........ PLEASE DO! I do indeed have a pair already so I'm not looking to be a dually fender hog..... :thumbup:

A ComancheClub guy has posted up that he will in fact be going there monday morning to scuttle the truck of all those interesting parts. I'm basically listed on that thread as a potential buyer if no one else ponies up.

Ken, I can let you know if those fenders end up needing a home if they don't find one over on ComancheClub......

Please do. I may end up with a dually MJ just yet...

I spoke with the gentlemen that removed the fenders.

THey are safe and sound.

It does not have metric ton running gear :(
the tail lights are boned
no tailgate
bumper has a rust hole the size of softball.

It does have a sunroof, and I must have that. So I'm probably going to go cut the roof off weds. If it has a 10 slot grill I will snag that, cause I'm a fan.
Anybody want anything else?

Last edited:
Check if the fuel level sender is good or at least not very rusty. Tough to find those these days.

edit: if the fuel fill neck (just the part the nozzle goes in, don't need the hoses) is in good shape, I'd love it. Mine's got a rust hole in it and I'm not looking forward to trying to braze a patch on.

will do. I was going to check if it had a tank skid anyway. If the straps aren't rusty I was going to grab those.

Do you need a fuel sender? I think I may have a 23 gallon tank tank level esnder.

I don't think I have a need for one ATM, but they're usually cheap at the yard and there aren't going to ever be any more, so I grab every decent one I get a shot at.

Back