• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need 97-01 dash cluster with low miles on odometer

SurfXJSnow

NAXJA Forum User
Must be a 97-01 Xj cluster. Miles below 150k. Will need to ship to me in VA and will pre pay for everything! Trying to swap into TJ so I can have correct milage on jeep since new engine install. (about 150k when you do the math)... But the lower the miles the better

Jeezus are you serious?

That's still illegal ya goob. Ya don't change the mileage just because of an engine swap. The rest of the rig still has all those miles.

Try being honest....... it works best. Show potential buyers receipts for the rebuilt engine. Don't "smoke" 'em into wondering what the actual mileage is. This is why we have laws against this......

I swear your brain needs oxygen on a direct injection system sometimes......... :rolleyes:

This kind of stuff right here is why its hard to buy used vehicles from strangers these days. You're being decieving on the actual vehicle miles. Even if you tried to explain yourself on why you thought this was a good idea to a potential buyer they would probably pass on the sale because who knows what else you're being shady on. Don't be surprised if some of these guys pass on anything else you're selling in the future on naxja

:doh: one word - felony. one more word - dishonest. Personally, Jonathan, I think the second is even more important than the first... use your noggin for more than a hat rack for christ sakes...

You're kidding me, what? :rolleyes:

Mileage follows the VIN, not the engine.

Also why would you ask people to ship stuff from CO instead of just posting in the SEC/NAC classifieds and getting something local?

Who said I'm selling it or being dishonest? It's for my own eyes, not anyone elses! I feel alot better when I see 150k instead of 250k. Plus, the VIN does follow the jeep, and if I sold it I would say it had a newer engine and the milage on the body. Plus, who buys a car without a Carfax these days?! Jeeeebus, I wasn't trying to screw anyone over!

Who said I'm selling it or being dishonest? It's for my own eyes, not anyone elses! I feel alot better when I see 150k instead of 250k. Plus, the VIN does follow the jeep, and if I sold it I would say it had a newer engine and the milage on the body. Plus, who buys a car without a Carfax these days?! Jeeeebus, I wasn't trying to screw anyone over!

You did.

It's got the 4.0. I've owned 2.5's and will never do it again. I'll prob tear it down first, end up screwing something up and eventually drop in a newer 4.0 then sell it. An Xj is a possibility, but they are very hard to find in Virginia. I swear, all the Cherokees somehow find there way to CO to die.
(were out here for a few years for work reasons).

Mileage follows the VIN, not the engine.

Not always - it depends on if the sale of the vehicle includes a statement of True Mileage Known/Unknown. The state of colorado doesn't require this between private party sellers, just dealerships.

Case in point - when I went to get the title/registration on the new-to-me ZJ, I hadn't filled out the mileage on the odometer disclosure part of the back of the title. I asked the title clerk to hand it back and I'd fill it out. She flipped the title over to look at the front and said "It's not needed, the previous title shows zero miles". I asked her what that meant and she said, "the previous owners never completed the odometer disclosure so it stays on record now as zero miles". :dunno:

It was like that when I did the title for a couple other vehicles in the past, but I know those actually showed miles on the front of the title........ When I got the new issued title, it showed "0" miles even though I'd filled out the statement with it's current mileage. :dunno:

I feel alot better when I see 150k instead of 250k.

Why? The axles, transmission, t-case all have 250K........ :rolleyes:

Get one of those nifty little auto log books to keep in your glovebox and start THAT at whatever mileage makes you feel good, then keep track of your maintenance and what not.

Don't go being an asshat by swapping an odometer just because you're too proud to drive a high-mileage jeep.

Wouldn't a 4 door be easier to get your son in and out of?

Back