• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My pit bike for Speed Week

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
Its a 1966 Schwinn Stingray Deluxe. Ive had this thing since I was like 12 and was always too busted ass to ride around much when I was a kid. Now I think I'm into it $80-90. I wish I had some pics of it in the rough, cause it was rough. I have five hours into just getting the rust off the chrome.

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

I honestly get the whole retro ride thing, and it is a pretty cool bike, or it could be if you put way too much more time/money into it to make it really nice! Trust me, I understand you have probably worked your a$$ off on it already and it probably looks way better than it did!

But do me a favor and at least adjust the chain tension (or better yet put a new chain on it before you adjust the chain tension :twak:

To be honest the girls versions are much cooler than the boys versions ;)

Enjoy the bike
Michael

for my next trick...

i just got the tires for my 26" 1964 huffy silver jet, and will have that bike for speed week instead of the stingray. what the hell? when did i care about bikes? why do i keep acquiring cool but random hobbies all the time?

I do believe that "shove it up your ass blue" was a paint option that year

I am just jealous. I work with a guy that used to race bmx back in the day.. he was very impressed. He does the same, often sells them for quite a bit.

This message sent from my phone.. which contains glue... no tape... yet..

Is it REALLY pink??
If so stay with it!

IT fits ya.

no, its really purple.

anyways, the tires for my other bike showed up in the mail the day before I was leaving so I did a mad rush to put the other bike together to take.
it's a '64 Huffy Silver Jet

DSC_0069.jpg

I didnt even know Huffy has been around that long. Somebody stole my Huffy back in middle school. Those bastards. I could still have that incredible 90's vintage bike if it wernt for them.....

Back