• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my "new" XJ

DrRandy

NAXJA Forum User
Well i've been doing a good bit of work on my XJ over the winter and very little wheeling. I'm ready to wheel...anything coming up for you guys? Here's a list of a few of the mods I've done.

*sold the ARB Bull bar, got a JCR winch bumper
*added a full interior cage...thanks Mark!
*added seats and 4 pt. harnesses...thanks Mark!
*lost the 285's went with 315/75/16...love them!
*added JCR rear quarter guards W/led STT
*ChuckstrPT and i went to JY...i got hood vent off a New Yorker, just need to install them.
* dropped the 3.55's like a bad habit and went to 4.56
*Currie HD steering
*rear disk brakes

I need your opinion on the white bolts on the rear quarter guards...you like them? I'm kinda on the fence about them. Might just go the usual black. I planned on painting the bolts on the hood vents white to match when i install them?

Sorry about the poser shots..told you i haven't wheeled in awhile!!

This is how it started
HPIM0810.jpg

HPIM1184.jpg

And here it is now

HPIM1676.jpg

HPIM1674.jpg

HPIM1677.jpg

HPIM1675.jpg

HPIM1678.jpg

HPIM1683.jpg

HPIM1679.jpg

HPIM1685.jpg

HPIM1690.jpg

HPIM1689.jpg

HPIM1691.jpg

Last edited:
What material is your cage made out of?

1.25" HREW, i got the padding off ebay..said it was for race cars! Heck, it's got to be good then!

Looks like pipe insulation. Makes me wonder why everyone installs expensive cages.

it's great for rollovers..much softer that tubing!

Looks good Steve!! Keep the white bolts but really, after a few rocks and tree scuffs, it's not gonna matter.

Looks good Steve!! Keep the white bolts but really, after a few rocks and tree scuffs, it's not gonna matter.

HAHA i was thinking the same thing!

Does this mean you will be at the Crawl in July?

Does this mean you will be at the Crawl in July?

I'm really considering it. It's a long haul up there but it'll sure be worth it!
I'll make the decision in the next month or so. Pretty good chance I'll be there!

I'm really considering it. It's a long haul up there but it'll sure be worth it!
I'll make the decision in the next month or so. Pretty good chance I'll be there!
meet up with me in chatt and we can caravan up there!

I hope to see you both there! It is well worth the trip.

Back