• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My New DD Project

You're burning oil? That sucks.

My exxon valdez leak fixed itself... I was leaking a quart every 150 miles a few months ago. That went to a quart every 300 miles after I half-ass fixed the CCV system, and after I ignored it for the last month or so it seems to have fixed itself entirely, because I was only down a half quart or so this morning when I checked :dunno:

MrSimon, you should pick up a known good spare AW-4 to scare your other ones into working right... seriously, it works wonders. I am pretty sure muduck18 still has his, just pick it up and put it in the back of the garage and your others will fall right in line.

You should pick up a bigger trans cooler from the junkyard. I'm assuming it's the stock one? They're pretty small.
On the topic of leaks... mine has been leaking like crazy lately.

I am using a trans cooler from an Exploder....Tons of them at the yard and pretty cheap too..easy install..U already have the lines set up and all..just plug in the new cooler and cha-ching..semi cooler tranny fluid..

I sold the XJ tonight. The kid is picking it up tomorrow night. He is going to take it with him to college in CA. Maybe it will run the Rubicon someday.

I'm not really sure why I sold it. I spent a lot of time and money fixing it up .... it runs and looks great. I just woke up and thought, maybe I'll see what I can get for the XJ today. I'm breaking even all told, so it was a really fun project that didn't cost me a dime.

I guess I'll have to daily drive the MJ until I figure something else out.

Any ideas?

april fools? oh and buy another xj

Saw him DD'ing his MJ this morning... Nothing like basking in that "oil/mud-burning, moldly carpet-smelling" "cologne" in a dress shirt/slacks (with 3-60 AC) first thing in the morning...:gee::gee:

A.

DD'in that beast will be fun..Traffic should no longer be an issue..Flip on the locker..put in 4 low..and crawl away..

DD'in that beast will be fun..Traffic should no longer be an issue..Flip on the locker..put in 4 low..and crawl away..

LoL! Oh man, that would be awesome.

But this morning I was stuck behind a school bus. I'm not sure I could clear it on 33s. Maybe I should get some 35s to be safe.

Got a new DD on Saturday morning.

Its short.

IMG_2464.JPG

Well ... maybe. But at least me and my lame gayness can get almost 35 mpg. AND its got a 5-speed .... does that help?

NO NO it dose not help:smootch:

I'm starting to be glad I didn't post up a "look at my new DD" post when I got my altima coupe (2.5L 6-speed)... I just faded away, after all, I didn't post up much at first :roflmao:

Though I feel that I can admit it now that I am shopping for another stock XJ or for a CTD depending on which falls into their respective price range first. Obviously the CTD has a higher price range than the XJ, though the XJ must be a 2dr 5 speed so it will take time to find.. and after I find one of the two the altima will be sold for hopefully just over what I owe (read: $12k+), anyone interested? I may be willing to deliver :D(end shameless plug of a car sale :laugh3:)

Last edited:
Back