• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My membership

Hey, I'm in the waiting boat as well. My problem is that AI'm moving to Oklahoma on the 20th of October so the adress is no good, (mail will be forwarded though) and the email address I registered under isn't good anymore either. I've sent an email but you guys can't email me back the only thing that is going to work is PMing me here for the next few weeks. hope this gets worked out in the next few days and I don't get lost in the move/shuffle.hasta

langer1 said:
Same here email sent with RRR with no responce
same here, email sent, no reply, no access to member forum. this sucks!!!

Paypal has a 30 limit on things like this. Emails and even PM's have not even been replied to.
Not even a sorry be we are working on it. I have filed a fraud complaint today with Paypal, on Day 30.
At this point I have no idea where my money went or even if they recieved it.
All I know is Payment in full was made Sep 19th.
Don't let it go past 30 days or Paypal can't help.

langer1 said:
Paypal has a 30 limit on things like this. Emails and even PM's have not even been replied to.
Not even a sorry be we are working on it. I have filed a fraud complaint today with Paypal, on Day 30.
At this point I have no idea where my money went or even if they recieved it.
All I know is Payment in full was made Sep 19th.
Don't let it go past 30 days or Paypal can't help.

Listen Up

As has been said before, we are in the process of changing Membership people. It isn't as easy as just riding down the street to their house, handing over the paperwork and a list of things to catch up on. There is 500 miles of separation between he and I, and the transition is taking time ( MUCH more time than I like, but OTOH it's fully out of my control)

If you feel you must cancel your Paypal, go ahead and do it. After all, if you have that little faith in a volunteer-run club, how do we expect you'll act once you become a full-fledged Member?

For those of you in the same boat as Langer1, all we ask is that you continue to be patient. Give us some time to see the transition process through. At the time we get the memberships processed, you will be credited for the time you have spent waiting...(it's not like we'll short you a month on your membership)

Thanks

Don Woody Woodward
NAXJA Recorder Elect

woody said:
Listen Up

As has been said before, we are in the process of changing Membership people. It isn't as easy as just riding down the street to their house, handing over the paperwork and a list of things to catch up on. There is 500 miles of separation between he and I, and the transition is taking time ( MUCH more time than I like, but OTOH it's fully out of my control)

If you feel you must cancel your Paypal, go ahead and do it. After all, if you have that little faith in a volunteer-run club, how do we expect you'll act once you become a full-fledged Member?

For those of you in the same boat as Langer1, all we ask is that you continue to be patient. Give us some time to see the transition process through. At the time we get the memberships processed, you will be credited for the time you have spent waiting...(it's not like we'll short you a month on your membership)

Thanks

Don Woody Woodward
NAXJA Recorder Elect
That's why I wanted 30 days, just a reply to my email or PM would have been fine.
I will close the complaint as soon as my Membership is complete.
I am sorry to have to go to that extreme to even get some kind of reply.
I still want to become a member but at this point Woody you do what you think you must.
The only problem I see at this point is failing to keep new members informed 30 days with no reply at all is uncalled-for.

langer1 said:
...The only problem I see at this point is failing to keep new members informed 30 days with no reply at all is uncalled-for.

In that I fully agree with you!!! Believe me, it's just as easy to process a new membership or renewal as it is to be sitting here typing this... Easier actually :) BTDT hundreds of times and never had a backlog other than waiting for a fresh order of stickers.

But until I get access to the Paypal records, I can't really do anything... And the person who can do something, isnt!

So I leave it with a big :dunno: because I am likely just as frustrated as you are.

Thanks

Woody

woody said:
In that I fully agree with you!!! Believe me, it's just as easy to process a new membership or renewal as it is to be sitting here typing this... Easier actually :) BTDT hundreds of times and never had a backlog other than waiting for a fresh order of stickers.

But until I get access to the Paypal records, I can't really do anything... And the person who can do something, isnt!

So I leave it with a big :dunno: because I am likely just as frustrated as you are.

Thanks

Woody
Thanks Woody for taking the time to respond.
I hope that whomever the paypal complaint goes to also responds so I can cancel the complaint.
If your have not been able to get the cooperation you need perhaps this will be a wakeup call.

langer1 said:
Thanks Woody for taking the time to respond.
I hope that whomever the paypal complaint goes to also responds so I can cancel the complaint.
If your have not been able to get the cooperation you need perhaps this will be a wakeup call.
All is now well. Moderator, please remove my post from this thread.

This is promising news! Hopefully soon I'll be seeing red as well. Woody I need to send you a PM that will update you on my stuff.

Hang tough, Woody. I too am a new member anxiously waiting to get my NAXJA stickers for my Jeep.

But, I too have been where you are, and I understand what you're up against. Thanks for posting a reply so that we know what's going on.

After too long a wait for you good people, I have mailed your Membership packets on 11-18-05.

This includes all new Members #1264 (membership activated 8-28-05) through #1339 (membership activated 11-13-05)

UPDATE: #1253 through #1263 was mailed 11-19, #1238 through #1251 will go out Monday 11-21

If anyone with a Membership #1237 or below has not recieved anything in the mail from NAXJA, please PM me (Woody) or e-mail to [email protected]

Thanks for being patient, and please accept my apologies for the delay in mailing your things.

Don "Woody" Woodward
NAXJA Recorder / Membership
[email protected]

NAXJA
PO Box 3602
Pinehurst, NC 28374

Last edited:
I would say "I want the last 12 hours of my life back!" but I signed on to look after the Membership aspect of the club, and looking after the Membership is what I'll do.

I regret that I couldn't do more sooner... we have lost a few in the confusion, I am sure.

:dunno:

I will try to train my replacement better, I promise. :)

thanks woody. by the way can anyone explain how the chain of command or how this system works.

bholt5035 said:
thanks woody. by the way can anyone explain how the chain of command or how this system works.

The heirarchy/chain of command: President -> Vice Pres -> Treasurer -> Recorder -> (five) Directors

I'm unclear what you mean by "how this system works"

Woody- I am also waiting for my membership to become active, no worries though whenever it happens thats fine. I am just curious though I sent my money to the address specified and that was in Virginia, and your in NC should I have sent it else where? thanks Steve.

Back