• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Crappy Weekend

VinceYJ

NAXJA Forum User
Pics speak for themselves...not the best wheelin' trip!
tow3.jpg

procomp2.jpg

bentbraket2.jpg

bent the control arm braket on a 3 foot high metal culvert stuck in the middle of the mud/water crossing.....then blew out the procomp MT (with about 1,000km's on it...if that) on a rock in a muddy off-camber rut....then towed it 300kms home to Toronto......:(

The braket is pretty ripped off at the top and my buddy did not have his welder at his cottage....for safety I didnt want to drive it 238km's on public roads and have the control arm rip off at 100kph.....

VinceYJ said:
The braket is pretty ripped off at the top and my buddy did not have his welder at his cottage....for safety I didnt want to drive it 238km's on public roads and have the control arm rip off at 100kph.....

Yeah thats a trick you really want to wait for a full cage before you try :D

meh... i drove down the interstate at 55mph with my trackbar in the backseat, made it to a welder and then drove it home, went wheeling that next weekend.... it can be done

shortxjdoug said:
meh... i drove down the interstate at 55mph with my trackbar in the backseat, made it to a welder and then drove it home, went wheeling that next weekend.... it can be done

how the fawk did you do that? when I had my track bar out I only made it half a block before DW of doom surfaced @ about 12mph

The bent bracket totally sucks, but don't tell me you didn't have a spare tire with you?

shortxjdoug said:

Stock arms? Probaly just bound up enough to not need a track bar lol. My junk won't even turn the wheels with no TB.

The tow was free...thank you to my buddy's free towing....well I learned a valuable lesson....don't wait for a good deal on a used tire for a spare....so I am going to get the sidewall patched on this one and use it as a spare.

gotta call BS on going 55 with no trac bar. i tried to drive to work one day with out one...which is about 1.5 miles down a rural road where i might pass a car or 2 on the way there. i made it about 200 yards out of my driveway before i had DW, and decided it wandered too much to be driveable anyways

Back