• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Build...started as 2wd

no, I had not put the new sending unit in yet in the picture. I was just testing it to make sure all the guages were sweeping and lights were good.

Well, I thought I would give a bit of an update on all of this project. I have been super happy with it and it has almost been a year now with just about no problems. The motor now has about 230,000 miles on it and no serious problems. Blown radiator, and the internals of a rear drum basically exploded. But besides those two little issue she is running like a champ.

I finally decided to get more flex out of the rig and started cutting the sheet metal. I was running a pretty big bump stop for the rear about 3 inches more than stock. After cutting the excess on the rear fender and then doing the fold I can now tuck the 33's up in there with just the stock bump stops back in place. I am doing all of this on only 2.5in of lift. I sit at the same height as a stock 2nd or 3rd gen 4 runner with a hell of a lot more tire and ground clearance. I know low COG is nothing new, but I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. It is so much more capable now, and much much more stable when on the trail. I just painted up the edge with primer for now. I am going to get some rusty's flex flares for the rear and then put new under coating down there and some seam sealer to keep an unwanted water out.

anyway here is just a quick phone pick, i'll get some more "poser" shots up soon showing the new found composure of the rig.
mail

Back