• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC Home brew thread

new diggs...

fridgidare 4.4cu.ft. two kegs will fit once i move the light/thermostat and they say one other 3 gal keg would fit on the hump. i have seen builds using this fridge that people run the tower out the top or two shanks threw the door. and in case anyone was wondering if you were looking for a lagering fridge my 6 gal carboy fits but to shut the door you would need to trim away that middle piece on the door.

needs stickers

So I think I'm finally going to step-up to a keg system this summer/fall... I have 10 gallons of cider/mead in secondary and I already have over 60 750mL filled and aging, I'd like to try some carb'ing, especially my ciders...

Looking at the two keg system from Northern Brewer since they are relatively close to me.

My idea, since Ciders/Meads take longer (typically) to age, I'm going to bulk age them in carboys and then transfer to kegs for drinking...

kegging is pretty awesome!

i need to do a brew soon this IPA is running out fast because it taste great and having it kegged means its always cold and ready to drink. im thinking either another IPA/APA or something with honey.

i need to do a brew soon this IPA is running out fast because it taste great and having it kegged means its always cold and ready to drink. im thinking either another IPA/APA or something with honey.

My vote is something with honey...

99SJ 'Uses 5-20lbs a batch' Ex

I killed my kolsch the other night, need to brew another easy-drinking beer. I have 6 kits, but no time. Gotta get a couple done soon so they'll be ready for Brewfest.

Go easy with the honey malt, more than 3-5% in the grist bill and the resulting beer can be cloying and add nothing that resembles a honey flavor or aroma to the finished product.

Kicked my first keg over the weekend! the chinook IPA is gone :( still have a little less than half keg of Irish stout, and nothing fermenting right now...

Kicked my first keg over the weekend! the chinook IPA is gone :( still have a little less than half keg of Irish stout, and nothing fermenting right now...

We're gonna try to brew at Matt's on Saturday, let me know if you can make it.

I ordered my three, along with some extra LME to fortify the Red and SMASH. When we brewing next?

just ordered up dead ringer and west coast red. been meaning to return your PM, Wednesdays and Fridays are my days off of football so one of them i guess lol.

Here's another cheap ass tip for ya. I saw this tip on a Facebook homebrew site. Aldi is selling this white girl bait for about 2 bucks each. Dump the bait and you get a nice little swing top bottle.

20141015_134248_zps96b265ac.jpg

Im thinking of dumping all the white girl bait into my old mr beer fermenter and throwing some champagne yeast on top of it and seeing what happens.

Back