• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mr. Lee for Dictator, ahh, I mean Director...

as stated in Rew's thread.

I see said the blind guy!!

Is this some sort of binding contract? Still curious about the candidates input on only going there once.

Yes, its a twice the year deal on that contract. HOWEVER, I see months go by without much action, I think we could, and should, look at some other parks and see if they could use help with cleaning up. We don't necessarily need to adopt a trail or anything; it could be seen as community service and would help get the work out about us and that we are not an 'on-line' only club.

Tyler - I would like to work on the above issue, or the subject of club promotion in general. For my own personal agenda, I will be working on a summer M&G event up this way. No one likes to go to IN or MO or KY in the dead of summer because of the heat; however, there are several parks/areas up this way that are quite pleasant in the summer (Apple Valley Farms, the Pipeline, Iron Offroad Range in Gilbert, etc...) that I am looking at getting a M&G at and taking from there. This would help in promotion as well as include some members that may otherwise not be included in other events. It's been dubbed a 'Northern Retreat' in the past in the staging area, but always fell through. I would like to survey the chapter to try and get a solid reason as to why and see if there is anything that can be done to help get a turn-out, no matter the size.

Redbird is Spring and Fall for clean-up, part of the adoption.

I would love to see us adopt a trail farther West.

Rev

SMORR, I really want to go!

What are your thoughts on the club joining together for a voluntary act to help out a community in trouble?

like lets say getting a group together to help cleaning up after a tornado/flood/high-winds type stuff, maybe parks and forest perseveres that could use voluntary work. anything that can get the :NAXJA: name out there helping land type situations and making great meet and greets out of it.

What are your thoughts on the club joining together for a voluntary act to help out a community in trouble?

like lets say getting a group together to help cleaning up after a tornado/flood/high-winds type stuff, maybe parks and forest perseveres that could use voluntary work. anything that can get the :NAXJA: name out there helping land type situations and making great meet and greets out of it.

This is exactly the type of work I'd like us to get involved with. It promotes the club, it promotes the chapter, and its community service that anyone could help out with, whether it is donating food, time, supplies, etc... My local club goes out during/after snow storms and helps those that have stuck/stalled vehicles completely free of charge. Of course there would have to be strict guidelines/rules set in place as each state does have laws regarding these types of situations. But showing up and saying "We're here to help" alone is enough to make someones day better. I am all for this type of activity and would like to see more of it occur.

Back