• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving back to KS, who's out there?

adamusmc2002

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I'm up in the northwest right now, looking forward to a summer of wheeling. But come September, my fiance and I are loading up the uhaul and heading back to Wichita. I was born and raised there, before I joined the Marine Corps. But anyway, since I've lived there, I've become heavily involved in wheeling and modifying my XJ, and am hoping to continue to at least a little bit once we get back to the center of the U.S. Anyone here in the same general area that could clue me in on places to wheel? Thanks guys, and look forward to meeting/wheeling with you in the future!!

Adam

hey there

yes sir i am in wichita....in the air force stationed at mcconnell afb.....there are 3 other guys in the shop i work in that wheel also..

there arent alot of legal places to wheel here..people are kinda stingy on thier land...*even if they arent using it for ANYTHING*...i am from Kentucky...*eastern ky in the mountians* so i am not used to being told to stay out of what seems to be public land

we have a couple of places around here that are legal to go play in the mud but if you wanna go wheeling for real you have to go out to kansas rocks....tuttle creek....disney ok....etc etc....

all off road parks closest to us are 2 1/2+ hours in any directions really..

my buddies and i are planning several trips to these parks this summer....just remember to keep in touch when you move back and we will hook up and hit some trails...

Thanks guys, I will jeepinairman. This will be my third NAXJA chapter :) Started in SoCal, then moved up to Seattle, now back to my home town, Wichita. I try and be as active as possible on here, so that shouldn't change when I move. Actually, my web wheeling will probably start to outweigh my actual wheeling :)

oh mine does...

webwheelin outweighin the real thing..

there just isnt alot of places to go here.....unless you drive.....im sure alot of people drive alot farther in other states but still sucks..haha...

Probally the closest to Witchita would be Tuttle. Then KS Rocks. I haven't been to Tuttle yet but I've heard it's a good place to go. KS Rocks is a good all around place. Drop us a line when you get back so we can wheel away.

Parakeet

Sweet, thanks Parakeet. Appreciate the offers to wheel guys, I was afraid i was gonna go through withdrawals once I got back to Wichita :) From Socal to NW, it's been pretty awesome wheeling, and as frequent and close and I've wanted. It's gonna be a transition. But yeah, look forward to it guys. I'll be there in September.

cool..i think kansas crawl is around september...i have been deployed or out of state every year they have had it....i REALLY wanna go this year....

yeah man...we can wheel together.....but ya cant make fun of my jeep..lol...ah go ahead everyone else does....

jeepinairman said:
cool..i think kansas crawl is around september...i have been deployed or out of state every year they have had it....i REALLY wanna go this year....

yeah man...we can wheel together.....but ya cant make fun of my jeep..lol...ah go ahead everyone else does....

What's there to make fun of? I think you've just volunteered to post a picture :)

Adam

ah ha...ya got me...

yeah i will post a good pic after i get a couple things done on it so you can REALLY make fun of the beast...lol.

gotta mount my winch and get a new windshied soon so after that i will send you a pic...

good luck moving back here...today kansas has been gettin hammered by tornadoes.....its wicked.....all around us here in wichita so thats good.....its erie outside though......just waiting on something to happen..haha

Im from Lawrence, and I know ALOT of wheelers down in Wichita. We wheel at Tuttle Creek ALOT so if you ever wanna join up with a bunch of wheelers get ahold of us.

http://trailkrawlers4x4.com

We are the group who puts the Kansas Krawl on annualy, and its a BLAST!!! I will be there this year in our new XJ.

yah know adam..

i have asked this question a couple of times and if there are places to wheel here..people arent telling...

i know one place to go thats legal..big piece of land but its kinda boring being as its the only place i have to go locally...i know a place up by cheney lake to go too but im not sure it legal and ive never been wheeling there..just fishing

i would LOVE LOVE LOVE To have just one more or two places to go beat around ...hell even if its just a legal place to mud around ....

ANYTHING new locally to my and my jeep buddies is good

adamusmc2002 said:
What's there to make fun of? I think you've just volunteered to post a picture :)

Adam

well it took long enough to get to get it running and back out on the road but here it is....we went mudding today...*private land and YES we have permission*

mud can be fun but i hate clean up and i must say that the ATs i am running now do not do too bad ...

well..here it is...say what ya want..lol

chetsjeep.jpg

<P>

WEEEE.jpg

i will clean her up tommorrow and give some better pics

Back