• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mountain Bikers

SKIM

NAXJA Forum User
I Know that a lot of you ride bikes.lets see what you ride I will start it off. here is my Santa cruz super 8 downhill bike with some mods.:D

Click to make pics bigger

Last edited:
Not my exact pictures but along the same lines

1046-1.jpg

Same bike, but mine is in orange :)

Also have a Greg Lemond Buenos Aires road bike as well but can't seem to find a picture of it.

But thats quite the nice bike you have there, a little too ballsy for me, never really got into the downhill thing. The thought of my body just tumbling down the side of a mountain was enough for me to say no thanks.

I usually do XC and road riding but lately I haven't been doing any b/c of stupid work. Now with this warm weather its time to get back out there.

matt6669 said:
Not my exact pictures but along the same lines

1046-1.jpg

Same bike, but mine is in orange :)

Also have a Greg Lemond Buenos Aires road bike as well but can't seem to find a picture of it.

But thats quite the nice bike you have there, a little too ballsy for me, never really got into the downhill thing. The thought of my body just tumbling down the side of a mountain was enough for me to say no thanks.

I usually do XC and road riding but lately I haven't been doing any b/c of stupid work. Now with this warm weather its time to get back out there.

Fuk! You 'kids' don't know what us old guys went through in order for you to enjoy the plush rides you have now!

My new ride is a Motobicane Fly 9somthing....great bike, doesn't weight shit.
I'm still having a hard time with clipless....
:D
Rick

Heres one of my babys...

sideviewas3.jpg

OH BTW ITS FORSALE!! 1000 bucks shipped to any NAXJA member 1000+shipping for non-members!

I race at plattekill here in NY, my other bike is a demo 9 but its at the shop and i dont have any pictures just yet! :):)

Here's a pic of my Intense Uzzi SLX on the Portal Trail in Moab. I just recently got a Cannondale Scalpel with a Lefty fork. More of a cross-country bike. And much lighter than the Intense - my aging body told me to get a lighter bike.

portal.jpg

My XC bike:

2uprc5c.jpg

My road bike:

2jb7dq9.jpg

And my track bike:

42xpa44.jpg

Here is my trail ride.

SB.jpg

And here is my commuter.

Tomac.jpg

I have decided that this year is the year I do my first century. I'm going to do it on my commuter.:D

2000 Iron Horse SGSDH, Fun but heavy.

4-24-2007024.jpg

Jump This said:
Whats all that green stuff on those branchy looking thingies?

they're called leaves rick they dont have those in the desert. its the forest version of the ocatillio.

lol

same bike as peewee, got into street riding awhile ago and havn't rode alot since. I got the reg. frame and should have probably got the short. Fun bike though, need to get out and ride more if it ever stops raining.

i got a Yeti DH-9(Fox vanilla r/c rear shock) with a Boxxer race fork
others:
-chris king rear hub
-intense rims
-john tomac series kenda tires
and a bunch of other crap that costs a lot of money and makes it that much heavier.

I race downhill and used to work at a bike shop so i got everything fairly cheap and could do all the maintanence/building on it myself.

ohh yeah and full hydro 8" disk brakes,
-some crazy swiss made front DH freeride hub
-a chainstay/ring gear guard

Last edited:
bikepic.jpg

kinda crappy quality but its a pic of a pic from a race i went to in utah to qualitfy for the nation championships at mammoth

Shomsky462 said:
i got a Yeti DH-9(Fox vanilla r/c rear shock) with a Boxxer race fork
others:
-chris king rear hub
-intense rims
-john tomac series kenda tires
and a bunch of other crap that costs a lot of money and makes it that much heavier.

I race downhill and used to work at a bike shop so i got everything fairly cheap and could do all the maintanence/building on it myself.

ohh yeah and full hydro 8" disk brakes,
-some crazy swiss made front DH freeride hub
-a chainstay/ring gear guard

Damn, your bike costs as much as a used XJ, a Yeti DH9 is not a cheap frame. Sounds like an awsome bike

yeah. like i said though i worked at a bike shop though
i got the frame, a thompson seat post and seat, rear hub, front hub and fork for something like $2,500
its a nice bike though. its built for goin down hills and fast. its got a really long wheelbase. my best friend has a ventura frame medium and i have a small (it like 16" about) and the wheelbase is still an inch or two longer.

I picked up this beauty a couple of weeks ago.
100_3114.jpg

Hale

hahaha ^^^^ NICE RIDE!!!

This is the only pic I have of my bike right now. From about a year ago. It's a specialized FSR XC. My first fully and I love it. The jeep has grown since then and I need to find another way to carry it... it's too high!

thejeep.jpg

Back