• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More rain coming

It occurs to me, I am working on the wrong project.

Rather than going to buy steel I need to go the lumberyard.

Gopher wood is probably a special order item. I expect I need a few semis worth.

It occurs to me, I am working on the wrong project.

Rather than going to buy steel I need to go the lumberyard.

Gopher wood is probably a special order item. I expect I need a few semis worth.

Gopher wood? Is this like a specially treated wood that gophers can't resist yet when the eat it their intestines explode? Is the resulting carcass NOT poisonous for dogs?

If yes, I want some too!

Good thing I live in an area that doesn't get much rain this time a year. Most of our rain thaws in the spring.

David Bricker / SYR - YYZ

Bitch as we do having to shovel rain would suck!

Well, it finally got here, please be safe out there everyone. If you're commuting or wheeling, Slow down, give space, extra time and a lot of patience.

They are supposed to get 3' of snow right? That should make for a fun time getting around on the trail.

Which trail are you doing?

2N49 Saturday. Sunday is up in the air pending if I've got help. I won't step foot on 2N04 without two other built Jeeps one of which with a winch (so we have two).

The problem with 2N04 is that by the time you get to the PCT and decide you want to/should go back out to Hwy 38 you can't.

IF snow becomes your problem and you do get through to 2N01 you have to go out through Cactus Flats to Hwy 18. Getting up 2N01 back to Hwy 38 is going to be a long drug out fight for even two built rigs with winches on both. But unlike trying to get back to 38 via 2N04 there is at least something to winch from.
Not saying either is impossible (no such thing), just that for a Sunday afternoon and evening they may have your posterior dragging Monday morning when you get home / off the trail.

Edited to add: the above is likely a worse case scenario.

Last edited:
Back