• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More problems...

PNWXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well after changing out the messed up distributor cap, fuel filter, brake switch for TC lockup, TPS sensor, PS pump, PS box, and the transmission! I am now getting a strange light serging when driving on the freeway. It is almost like if you could tap the brakes very quickly or maybe an electrical short that momentarly cuts the power off for a moment then back to normal till it happens again. It seems to happen spiratically, sometimes a few times in a row within 15 seconds or so then maybe only once every several miles.
This all started after hunting 2 weeks ago after the new tranny had been in there for a week or longer. At 1st the Jeep was missing horribly so I replace the distributor cap to solve that. Then I replaced the fuel filter thinking it was clogged, that seemed to help power output but did nothing for the problem still at hand. I took it to the shop for the TC was locking unlocking spiratically and they replaced the TPS and the brake pedal switch, this solved the lockup problem but still not the other!

Anyone have this same problem that could shed some light on it for me? Anyone else have any good suggestions for what to look at next? Mechanical? Axles? Tcase? more electrical? ignition? ????

TIA

Tim

The O2 sensor is about a year old so that could be it? But I think I found the problem...the upper brake pedel switch, the one that controls the TC and whatever else is not aligned properly with the rod. So it it is slipping off and disengaging the TC. I am guessing since there looks to be a vacuum line also attached to the switch this could be also the problem with it jolting/serging??

Tim

Back