• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more lift question

ny_busboy

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys,

i will be installing Rusty's Budget Boost on saturday. i would like to know the following:

1. if i want more lift in the future to fit 31 or 32, what kind and brand of lift kit should i get?

2. after i add more kift kit on top of the budget boost, what other components or parts do i need to change or adjust aside from wheels? do i need to change/adjust transmission, axle or other stuffs?

...in short what are the important things i need to know when lifting an xj more than 2 inches.

...sorry, im a newbie...patience please.

ny_busboy said:
hi guys,

i will be installing Rusty's Budget Boost on saturday. i would like to know the following:

1. if i want more lift in the future to fit 31 or 32, what kind and brand of lift kit should i get?

2. after i add more kift kit on top of the budget boost, what other components or parts do i need to change or adjust aside from wheels? do i need to change/adjust transmission, axle or other stuffs?

...in short what are the important things i need to know when lifting an xj more than 2 inches.

I should think your answers are in here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349 After all, these questions come up pretty damn frequently - like almost DAILY.

The 'newbie' excuse doesn't fly for someone with 93 posts. :lecture:

ny_busboy said:
hi guys,

Hey man, i dont want to sound like a dick, but this question has absolutley been drivin into the ground over the last couple of weeks, try the search option at the top bar.

plain and simple, 31's will fit on a BB, as far as who is the best on the market, well Im biased as to what I carry, everyone will have an opinion as to who the best on the market is at the time. After you get about 4" control arms, larger than that long arms with a SYE, adjustable track bars, etc.

after that (a little humor)

1137651584_72849302.gif

ny_busboy said:
do i need to change/adjust transmission?

WTF??

I don't meen to hyjack this thread but, im gettin 31x11.5 Swamper LTB's, Sunday and i'm gonna mount them on wheel with 4.5" BS, do tou 'd hinh they'd rub with my 2" BB?

robz95xj said:
4.5" BS, do tou 'd hinh they'd rub with my 2" BB?
....??
icon_smile_wtf.gif

Last edited:
Back