• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ D44 into an XJ

fsj-earl

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry for being a newb, but I could not find this anywhere when I searched. I bought a D44 rear from a MJ, sight unseen but the price was right. No gear tag on the diff cover. How do I tell the ratio and how hard of a swap is this? I did not realize that one axle was spring under and one was spring over, how hard is this to change and is it worth the work for only a marginally stronger axle. Please advise. Thanks.

as far as gear ratio, you can count the teeth, then divide them to get the ratio, or look out the outside edge of the ring gear, theyre normally stamped on dana spicer gears.

as far as gear ratio, you can count the teeth, then divide them to get the ratio, or look out the outside edge of the ring gear, theyre normally stamped on dana spicer gears.
this...

if youve got a welder, the swap is easy, 2 spring perches, and 2 shock mounts. i say keep it, perches are cheap enough:
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/springperchantiwrap.html

or you could get fancy and do Ubolt eliminators. to me, the appeal would be that you can dial in your pinion angle perfect for a SYE install.

Back