• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet & Greet Feeler for ME, NH and VT NAC

The easiest places for most people to get to other than middle/northern NH VT would be along I95...

Hotel costs are cheapest along the coast right now, anywhere near a skiing area is more expensive and crowded...

I agree with 98XJSport...it would be best to stay away from anywhere close to a ski resort. Even though there hasn't been as much snow, the resort areas are still crazy. The Sanford area is cool with me and seems to be fairly easy to get to for people from the south. Not familiar with the area, so don't have a clue on hotels or restaruants, BUT that is what the internet is for. The coast may also be a good idea as 98XJSport pointed out...maybe somewhere like Ogunquit. Its on the coast off of Rte 1 between Wells and York. I know there are some nice beaches there that could make for a cool spot to visit. Might have a better choice of restaurants and hotels there as well, since it is a tourist spot in the summer. Again these are just ideas to throw out...doesn't much matter for me, but just trying to find a happy travel meduim for everyone else.

rhino said:
. . . but just trying to find a happy travel meduim for everyone else.

Ain't that the truth. Waiting to hear from some of the other states to see what people think. I love the coast. If it's cheap now then that'd work. Haven't been to Sanford, so I'd have to do some searches.

Grizzley

I came down from Auburn Me. Friday, and that was about three hrs, door to door.The only 2 routes across N.H. connecting Vt. to Me. 2, which is a state rte., I call it the hooterville trolly rd. It will connect to the Bethel area in Me. The other would be 89,an interstate that will get you to 95 eventually.Either way, it a long haul to Me. from Vt. This seems like alot of driving for just meet and greet.Anybody know the average temp and snowfall at the end of March, for the coast of Me?

Average has been thrown out the window this year. Im up in the mountains less than an hour from rangely, might get up to 4" of snow today. Costal is supposed to get around a foot. Years like this we may get snow late, and theres no telling where. Ive stayed in Old Orchard in early april several times, usually above freezing, rainy/windy whenever we seem to go. Snow pretty much gone by then. But this year is non typical.

hell what's this talk about Palmyra ? man that's right down the street from me actually and would be great to do something there as far as some good wheeling. please fill me in on that. pm or something but seriously I know for a fact we could get a good trail crew out there. starting with about 7 jeeps garanteed. as far as the coast, its sounds like a good idea. let me know what you can come up with. im 2 & half hours from the nh/me border and would travel easily to there if really needed but Would love to keep this in Maine if possible. vt would be out of the picture garanteed. thats way too far. anything else would be ok. I agree lets get something on the board to figure some serious dates and times out. im saying a saturday all day would be great. and sounds like a general area where people could come together near hotels and good eats.

hell what's this talk about Palmyra ? man that's right down the street from me actually and would be great to do something there as far as some good wheeling. please fill me in on that. pm or something but seriously I know for a fact we could get a good trail crew out there. starting with about 7 jeeps garanteed. as far as the coast, its sounds like a good idea. let me know what you can come up with. im 2 & half hours from the nh/me border and would travel easily to there if really needed but Would love to keep this in Maine if possible. vt would be out of the picture garanteed. thats way too far. anything else would be ok. I agree lets get something on the board to figure some serious dates and times out. im saying a saturday all day would be great. and sounds like a general area where people could come together near hotels and good eats.

Greetings from a newbie in NH White Mtns. Following this thread as I live about 2/3's upstate in NH. New here and just got my first Jeep Cherokee. This just caught my eye as Im close to most places. Jeep wont be on the road in time unfortunately. Just wanted to let someone know Im all for a G&M in NH in any case. I work weekends but can make arrangements to get one off.

For future ideas in NH a new off road area will be in the making in Berlin, NH. Its a bit upstate for those of you down south but close to Vermont and central Maine. A hop skip and jump off I-93.

Certainly been a strange winter around here. Gonna be minus 15 (windchill) tomorrow night. Coast is much warmer than inland right now. Barely enough off road snow for traction!

I read that one member has extensively toured the White Mtns. but its a great area for a future all day tour some off, some on road. Sandwich Notch is a lesser known dirt road that is not condusive to the family sedan and a real treasure to see. Evans Notch is a paved "must see" with an awesome ice cream shop on the south end. Of course theres the fully paved Cankamagus (sp?) thats on all the must see maps. Bear Notch road has some nice dirt off roads and old fire roads which are in a constant state of change and at times are only accessable in 4wd.

Because of the mountainous terrain theres plenty to do and see and can find a challenge for most.

I do hope the idea of meeting in NH happens sometime!

Looks like we may have a late spring up here so plenty of muddin at the right time! :)

Laters all and best wishes.

Ken

Back