• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and greet at SPEC Fabrication

its more financial its what i can afford. " i am hopping that the sound i hear have hearing lose in one ear and it throws off sounds"

if I could find a good complete d44 or 8.25 for free or close to that I would lover to put that in. if i change the rear end wont i have to at-lest match the gear ratio in the front axle?

maybe I can have you or someone mechanical look at it before the weekend so I know for sure what i need. so i don't wast money.

shot the only why right now i am able to do a 3inch lift is if i can find it for around $75 and that is pushing it. that brings up a question.. at what point lifting a xj will you have to start changing support members for the transfer case. and the rotation of axle to keep the drive line properly aliened.

Yes you have to match ratios but stock ratios are easy to find,you should be able to get an early 8.25 that you can upgrade later or at least a usable d35 for $100-$150. Not sure what d35 axle bearings cost but I just spent about $100 for a set for a d44.

At $75 you are looking at pucks and blocks for a lift,IMO you should wait till you can do it right. As for height 3" is about as high as you can go before any big changes.

Yes you have to match ratios but stock ratios are easy to find,you should be able to get an early 8.25 that you can upgrade later or at least a usable d35 for $100-$150. Not sure what d35 axle bearings cost but I just spent about $100 for a set for a d44.

At $75 you are looking at pucks and blocks for a lift,IMO you should wait till you can do it right. As for height 3" is about as high as you can go before any big changes.

the bearing and seal set per side is about $14, the pan seal is 7.

Full master rebuild kit from around 150 considering doing this.

ya the 3 inch lift will wait, that needs to be done right. don't need to get the wobbles doing 55 on the freeway

well i guess i don't need rack time don't want to take up room with a "useless" repair.

hows Thursday for coming over to get the seats? I can meet you then and not bother the "hard core" wheeler or be in there way.

maybe when i get a wrangler have the money to make a great wheeling rig but tell then i do not want to hard core wheel. i want to light off-road washed out roads, a little water and some mud and Snow. "no big obstetrical" be support for your hard core rigs.. with the coolers, parts tools.. I don't want to be the one that is risking his rig to the rocks......... even if i put in a d44 or other rear end I will still not be beating my rig up just to do it...

Last edited:
Doesn't have anything to do with hardcore wheelers or your D35.

I gave you my opinion on your axle,what you do with it is up to you . I don't care if you want to come up and work on your D35 I just wanted to make sure you were aware of its weakness and the availability of better options.

I see you inquire about 33" tires and talking about a lift then you mention that you tow a 15' fiberglass boat behind your XJ. In my opinion you could benefit from an axle upgrade regardless of how you wheel.

Doesn't have anything to do with hardcore wheelers or your D35.

I gave you my opinion on your axle,what you do with it is up to you . I don't care if you want to come up and work on your D35 I just wanted to make sure you were aware of its weakness and the availability of better options.

I see you inquire about 33" tires and talking about a lift then you mention that you tow a 15' fiberglass boat behind your XJ. In my opinion you could benefit from an axle upgrade regardless of how you wheel.

i know that the d35 is my week link and i need to get better axles.So ether spend 500 an axle to start used one that need rebuilding or other or spend 45 and keep here on the road... I have the 45 i don't have 500.. and at 10dollars a month its going to take me up to 4 year to get a replacement rear end. if i had a D44 i would put it in in a hart beat but i don't and can not get one so what do i do ...

telling someone they need to change something they physicality can not do and or don't have the money to do is almost point less. good information but unless the golds shiner there light down on me its not ever going to happen. and I don't see that happening if anything they will break my shit just to XXXX with me.

I am looking for bigger tires. I would love some infect.. i was looking at the 33 because there are many out there for free or close to that that i can use to trade the get good newer tire that fit my rig. maybe some 225/75/15 or similar size. what would you say would be a better size.

Last edited:
Well your "500 dollar axle" is laying the back of my truck (27 spl 8.25)

I'm asuming you have an auto so your looking for 3:55s

Maybe you should not try and shit on someone in there "come use my shop for free" thread just bc he don't wanna deal with your Dana 35.

Just sayin maybe you should relax a little.

And this is not the place to be asking for parts...

Now being a new guy I would be a little careful about how you come across online, I can do what ever I want cuz iv been here a while and have met most everyone.

But just the way you come across in this thread, does not want to make me do anything to help you.

ea85ab6b.jpg

There's a 27spline 8.25 with 3.55s ( I run this axle with 4.56s locked and 35s)
Dana 35 with 3.55s
And a non-disco 30 with 3.55s all going to scrap

Maybe if you looked around a little and where not so head strong about something you know nothing about you might have a few guys helping you install better cheap parts, think about it the "hard core guys" are getting rid of parts you need to go bigger.

But you know what... Just keep up what your doing it might work out you.

Last edited:
Well your "500 dollar axle" is laying the back of my truck (27 spl 8.25)

I'm asuming you have an auto so your looking for 3:55s

Maybe you should not try and shit on someone in there "come use my shop for free" thread just bc he don't wanna deal with your Dana 35.

Just sayin maybe you should relax a little.

And this is not the place to be asking for parts...

Now being a new guy I would be a little careful about how you come across online, I can do what ever I want cuz iv been here a while and have met most everyone.

But just the way you come across in this thread, does not want to make me do anything to help you.

Dana 35 with 3.55s

Maybe if you looked around a little and where not so head strong about something you know nothing about you might have a few guys helping you install better cheap parts, think about it the "hard core guys" are getting rid of parts you need to go bigger.

and maybe if you read what i wrote saying that i agree with you that there are better axles out there that's not the problem. I CAN NOT AFFORD ... the only thing i can afford is to fix what i have.. so everyone telling me my axle is crap and don't bother wasting my time on it is discouraging from anyone must lest from 10 people that think you wacky for fixing it. well boys that is all i can afford.. I was trying to say that nicely. with out saying that I AM PORE

I rent a room in a house. i get some use of a garage I do not have a place to work on a ride at home or even the tools to do it.

I an disabled and can not get under your truck to do any work for you wish i could. I have hard enough time getting under mine with out causing weeks of pain.. un like your ass i don't have income i don't have job i and unable to work to make money to pay for a new axle.i make less then 1400 a month in va benefits... what can you do living on that.. Military was fun but now i have issues...

So RedJeep2.0 if you want to be the ass go right ahead I don't want your help. if that is the kind of person you are.

RedJeep2.0 is one of those wheeler I was talking about pissing off for wanting to fix my d35 and why i no longer need the lift.. these kind of people make anyone not want to come th meet and great he has " your rig is a pic of shit aditude"

I do want to come to the meat and great even if i don't work on my rig but ass hole like this so my shit stock that is no reason to sit here and dis on someone for there financial designation.. How XXXXed up is your life kid..

I do have auto
here is the Chrysler build sheet for my rig. maybe one of you knows what it says..

*X7 Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats
ADBA Protection Group
ADH Heavy Duty Electrical Group
ADL Skid Plate Group
AHLA Heavy Duty Insulation Group
AHT Trailer Tow Group
ALN Spring Special White Appearance Grp APAS Monotone Paint ARL Kicker/SRT Livin' Loud Audio System AWJA Visibility / Protection Group BGAS Power Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes CACP Low Back Bucket Seats CDBP Reclining Front Seats CFMS Rear Folding Seat CKBP Floor Carpet CKNP Cargo Compartment Carpet CKTP Cargo Tie Down Loops CKVP MOPAR Third Row Cargo Bins w/Table CLEP Front & Rear Floor Mats CSAP Spare Tire Cover CSRS Passenger Assist Handles CUFA Full Length Floor Console DGB All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions DGSS 4-Speed Automatic AW4 Transmission DHNS Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System DHSS Floor Mount Automatic Shift Lever DJHS 230MM Front Axle DMDS 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio DRMP Dana 35C/194MM Rear Axle DSA Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle EAAC All Engines GBBS Tinted Windshield Glass GCBS Front Door Tinted Glass GEDS Tinted Rr Drs/Qtr/Liftgate Glass GEHS Fixed Door Vent Glass GFAA Rear Window Defroster GNAS Rear View Day/Night Mirror GNCP Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors GRZP Left Remote Mirror GSZP Right Remote Control Mirror GTZP Manual Remote Mirrors HAAA Air Conditioning HGDP Deluxe Insulation Group JAY Instrument Cluster w/Tach JCAS 85 MPH Primary Speedometer JGBP Digital Clock JHAP Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers JHBP Rear Window Wiper/Washer JJAS Cigar Lighter LAJP Headlamps On Warning Chimes LBBP Courtesy Lamps LBCS Glove Box Lamp LBDP Ash Tray Lamp LBEP Cigar Lighter LCDP Map/Dome Reading Lamps LDBP Cargo Compartment Lamp LDHP U/Hood, Removable/Rechargeable Lamp LHDP Headlamp Off Time Delay LMAS Halogen Headlamps MB2P Bright/Black Front Bumper MB6P Bright/Black Rear Bumper MCAP Carbon Rear Diffuser w/o Strakes MCBP Carbon Rear Diffuser w/Strakes MDAP Front License Plate Bracket MFGP Body Color Headlamp Bezels MHBS Bright Windshield Moldings MMCS Rear Qtr Solid Window Insert MMGS Belt Moldings MTBP 4.7L HO Badge MWAA Roof Rack NAE California Emissions NBKS EVAP Control System NFAS 20 Gallon Fuel Tank NHBP Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler NHM Speed Control NMCP Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
PY3 Classic Yellow Clear Coat
QY3S Classic Yellow Clear Coat
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RAF AM/FM Cassette Radio
RCDP 4 Speakers
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCEP Alcantara Wrap Steering Wheel
SFAS Standard Duty Shock Absorbers
SGAS Rear Shock Absorbers
SUAA Tilt Steering Column
TAAC All Tires
TBB Full Size Spare Tire
TBLS Inside Mounted Spare Tire
TPFA P205/75R15 BSW All Season Tires
WJM 15X7.0 Chrome Wheels
WLZC All Aluminum Wheels
YAAS Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

Last edited:
Maybe you missed it.
If you had not been such a cry baby the axle could have been free.

And you could have had help putting it in.

I don't care about Dana 35s i have one in my stocker

I'm take home about 1400 a mo so what's your point?

thank you for offering your place for this event. I am no-longer going to make it out there this time maybe by next one i will have better parts to put on. that meets everyone elses standards. have a great weekend hope all the repairs go smoothly.

Maybe you missed it.
If you had not been such a cry baby the axle could have been free.

And you could have had help putting it in.

I don't care about Dana 35s i have one in my stocker

I'm take home about 1400 a mo so what's your point?

see there you go again... you never said anything about helping me you where only dogging me for what i have.. and wanting to fix it.

ethere you are going to help or your not.. you say you would have help me but you never said the will help.

it was in the way your said it,, just as it was in the way i said my issues that you misunderstood-ed. but hay it happens. I have no hard feelings..

Last edited:
ea85ab6b.jpg

Dana 35 with 3.55s

is this the offer for the rear-end??? i don't understand the statement... I read this as in that is what you have not this is what you have available....

the photo is just a bunch if parts and have no clue what i am looking at.... so that photo is pointless and means nothing in the context of the rest of your comments.

nick,

your mail box is Full so here is what i could not mail you

we may have gotten of on the wrong foot. I was not trying to turn down an inexpensive working upgrade to my rear end. I was never expecting anyone to offer anything up so i read everything in a negative way and I am sorry for that..

about me I have had 2 major isendences, one in the military one a few years ago. between the 2 i have/had, blown disk in neck, dislocated back, torn spinal cord, 2 head traumas, 2 dislocated knees, one swollen to the size of a orange now. gong in this week. fractured shin. I am in pain almost all the time and depression is a bitch.. but i am trucking on...
I am not telling this to you for any other reason except to explain myself.

I should not have jumped straight to negativity and I am sorry for that. I should have been a little less blunt with the way i say thing i can be harsh around the edges and i am sorry for that I am working on that also.. ut hay no one is perfect.

thank you for your time.
Michael aka Snapple

Back