• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

max jack

The biggest problem I see with it lies not in the lift but in the garage floor that supports it. At a minimum I would run a supported flat sheet between the posts. The way it lifts, it puts an inward force trying to pull the tops of the columns towards each other. Getting it anchored to the concrete is only the first issue. The next lies in whether the concrete has enough strength from rebar and thickness to not only support all the weight in a couple of small sections, but remember, on one side you have compression and a few inches away you have tension.

That is why I would at least lay a large plate down and ideally truss it across the floor if at all possible. On machinery I have designed, it is not uncommon to cut out a 2'x2' chunk of floor and pour a footer 24" deep with mounting bolts poured in place.

The biggest problem I see with it lies not in the lift but in the garage floor that supports it. At a minimum I would run a supported flat sheet between the posts. The way it lifts, it puts an inward force trying to pull the tops of the columns towards each other. Getting it anchored to the concrete is only the first issue. The next lies in whether the concrete has enough strength from rebar and thickness to not only support all the weight in a couple of small sections, but remember, on one side you have compression and a few inches away you have tension.

That is why I would at least lay a large plate down and ideally truss it across the floor if at all possible. On machinery I have designed, it is not uncommon to cut out a 2'x2' chunk of floor and pour a footer 24" deep with mounting bolts poured in place.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust bolting that thing to a standard garage slab. Every lift that I have seen professionally installed does it the way you described with a deep footer.

Back