• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MARCH 2014 ROTM VOTING THREAD

rotm!

• vanimal

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • lowrange2

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • 89eliminator

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • eflores

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XJLI

NAXJA Forum User
VOTE!!!!

Vanimal

12838316083_a1886e51dc_b.jpg

91 xj
stroker
ax15
rubicon 241or transfer case
home made 231 doubler
dana 60 front axle, chromos, locker, 5.38's
chevy 14 bolt rear axle, shaved, trussed, locked, 5.38's
3 link front, 4 linked rear
14" king coilovers front, 16" fox coilovers rear
stretched to 106" wheelbase
mini boatside
winch with synthetic cable
97+ front clip
prp suspension seats
zj leather rear seats
all chromoly links and steering
wj power steering pump and durango box
rear currie antirock sway bar
37x13.5x17" toyo m/t's

Lowrange2

99 Sport - 4.0 - AW4 - NP231
3" lift
31" Duratracs
Custom winch bumper (Winch not mounted yet.)
Baby light bar
Yakima cross bars

Basically, It's my stockish DD.

Snow2-14-0289_zpse66458ac.jpg

Snow2-14-0094_zps183c3bf7.jpg

Snow2-14-0134_zps39034851.jpg

89eliminator

89 Comanche Eliminator
4x4 conversion, restored body
4.0/AW4/231 w/ SYE
Dana 30, Artec truss, 4.10s, lock right, OTK steering
Dana 44, 4.10s, detroit, disc brakes
35" Goodyear MTR
6.5" coils, homebuilt 4-link longarm, 12" bilsteins, limit straps
SOA w/ 2wd leaf packs, RC lift shackle, traction bar, 12" bilsteins
homebuilt bumpers and sliders, M8000 winch, rock lights, tube doors

eflores

87 2 Dr
chopped, exoed, interioroed
full HDOE stiffeners
bumpers sliders etc
RK three link up front 5.5 re springs stretched
5.5 RE? leaves ...stretched
4.0/aw4/231-syed
hp 30 trussed all new brackets/link tabs
Psc hydro assist tera high steer with dom tie rods and aurora heims
4.88s spartan locker
rear xj 44 4.88s grizzly locker
all new brackets
35 Mtr-k's wrapped around allied bead locks
Warn 9500Xp synth line

Axles, cage etc all built by me except that ugly fricken rear bumper.... That was yellaheep

i havent had the time. i should be able to whip up the new pic tomorrow. if someone else wants to take over the reigns i'll give them my .psd template.

so is ROTM dead? new winner and still the same pic from Dec on the homepage?

Yah, not to pile on but it's kinda lame that the winning pics don't even make it to the homepage, as much as I like looking at Macgyvr and that giant check.

What's need to make the winning pic and post it - Photoshop?

Yah, not to pile on but it's kinda lame that the winning pics don't even make it to the homepage, as much as I like looking at Macgyvr and that giant check.

What's need to make the winning pic and post it - Photoshop?

But just think, this time next year you'll get to look at the picture for a solid month!

Well two of the months it was the winners fault for not providing hi res pics I believe.

I remember this now, they should be DQ'd then if they can't provide a pic suitable for the homepage/calnedar.

yup.

and yea, photoshop and some working knowledge of it. i do some mild retouching on the photo itself then crop it into my template. and change the username of course.

:thumbup:

its honestly just a PITA to "DQ" someone for not following the rules. 2-3 years ago there was a whole thing about it and everyone's panties got all jumbled. i just wont accept a crap picture bc:

a- it wont fit in my template, which is large enough so the pic will look good printed (calendars)
b- small pictures are usually compressed to hell and i cant touch them up to look any good

the first two ROTM winners are friends of mine, and they provided pics to vote on and couldnt provide the originals. the process of going through, DQ-ing someone, and then getting pics from a runner up just takes more time. currently as the rules stand, they state the winner must PM me their pictures. i added that rules last year, and not one person has yet to follow it... im still chasing down winner through multiples PMs, emails, whatever for a fullsize version of a picture. by the time the winner is picked (usually within the first 2-3 days of the month) and i remember to look at the thread, its like the 5th. then i send a PM and i either dont get one right away or its a "i'll send it when i get home" message and it takes another 2-3 days to get it. by now its the 8th or 9th when i get the picture, and say i'm busy with work/life/etc for a day or so and i dont get to the making it til the 11-12th. then its done and i email the guy who puts it up and that can take a day or two. so its the 15th by the times its all said and done. chasing someone ELSE to get pictures, then explaining WHY someone was DQ'd and dealing with everyone's BS about it is just too much for a fun thing every month. thats why (for the most part) there hasnt been a new one in 2 months.

since i have 129031230213 pictures of the first two 2014 winners, i'll pick a picture i took of them and toss it into the calendar files at the end of the year.

I feel you pain. I run the COTM dealio on another forum and and getting a good quality photo from some people is more difficult than finding Boeing 777 in the middle of the ocean.

Back