• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maine Meeting !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here since nobody else wanted to set this up i guess i will. here's the idea:

-weekend meeting, perferably a place to eat and have a good parking lot for a few crazy jeepers.
- where do you want to meet ? AUGUSTA sounds like a good central meeting area. let me know i need to find out places to meet. there are few places but i want exact details. i dont care, just spit out and we can decide.
- wheeling would be nice afterwards but not really acceptable unless its fairly easy and LEGAL. some have values and ethics about illegal land. I am one.
- Saturday MARCH 4th is a great day for me or the whole weekend. we can meet once and then make this a regular thing. that is what i would like. that would be great for newbie's and others who cant meet for the first time.
- the walmart and shopping center is huge. there is a panera bread and some other little stores. that i know of. that might work for a big parking lot.
- post up if you have any other ideas and or suggestions.
- i know some will be driving farther than others, but dont let that scare you into not coming. hell im driving 45 minutes myself.
- lets make this big. if we can, bring anyone and everyone i dont care. were in maine so bring your brotha or sista if they want to jeep also.
- serious suggestions will be taken. sorry lets make a sacrafice for this to happen cuz i think NAC Northern end needs this. plus it would make a stronger club and chapter if we can out do the mass. crew.
- find out about local wheeling and where we can and CANT go.
- if any land is available we can make a decision.
- what time? i think 2ish is good still day light and time to get away and still not be to late.

= MARCH 4th saturday in Augusta ? around 1400 hours (2 PM)
let me know Maine !!! i want to make this work so please, i mean please lets try and get out there. sorry to beg but we read your comments on here so to dont be afraid to come out and show ur face.

Ill be wherever we end up, dont know the augusta area well enough to make any location suggestion on eats or trails though...

First off thanks to jeepmanxj94 for taking the lead on this...nice job!!!!

Wal-mart in Augusta sounds like an easy enough spot to meet...easily accessible of I-95 and easy to spot in case you aren't familiar with the Augusta area...The weekend of March 4th should be fine...to be honest Sunday the 5th would work better for me, but that is just me personally having to juggle work schedules and whatnot....I will go with what the group decides as the best day and make any needed sacrifices to be there...2pm time is perfect...

Hopefully a lot of people can make this...like jeepmanxj94 said...this is good for Maine and Northern NAC!

Justpunchit said:
how far away is that from worcester county in mass?

or 01468

Google Maps says about 200 miles or roughly 4 hours...depending on who is driving naturally....

Sounds right its close to 3 from portsmouth border alone.
The walmart plaza thing they have there is definately the easiest to get to...

I'm in! 45 minutes is easy. And I'll make a phone call, I have a friend who lives there and her fiance has a 4-wheerer, he may know some trails.

nice keep things rolling with this. i really want to see things work out with this. so far im headed towards the walmart center up there off of interstate 95 i believe its exit 112 B but dont hold me to that. keep posting on the ideas. but seriously we need to get the ball rolling. remember the wheeling needs to be legal as to i DO not want to get shot at like other places ive heard of. augusta is easy and central and everyone else agrees. lets wait and see if more chime in. but keep the weekend open and start thinking whats best for times. i said two but we could easily change that. let me know. i know i have chris (bluexj96) behind me with this and he better get his rear end in motion. as far as this sounds like something good. keep it up. i will keep posting once in awhile to see what everyone else has said and see if we cant get this going. just trying to be devils advocate. so we got the weekend. the day saturday or sunday better. everyone chime in ! good luck if you want to come from mass. have fun if you want to drive that far with your rig. but if you do dont feel bashful to post up. hey and if anyone from N. H. want to come up to might as well. just that we are not changing anything for you guys to accomodate for this is a maine thought as event and we need to keep maine in general the concentration. sorry dont want to see this fail again like the last thread.

google maps told me

End address: Wal-Mart: Store Information
201 Civic Center Dr, Augusta, ME 04330

Distance: 418 mi (about 8 hours 0 mins)

Is that the place?
Saturday for me.

Thats the place, its hard to miss, its a walmart, lowes or home depot i never remember, and a bunch of smaller stores.

so i think we are set on the walmart in augusta. good job now lets try to get this thing big. talk it up to everyone and make sure you newbie's find out this is a really good way to not become a newbie. i had some kids from my way and even a few spark interest. i try to spread the naxja word all over the place. so but STILL ..................
we need to figure out what day.......
SATURDAY OR SUNDAY.
either day is good for me for i am free the whole weekend.
- we need to figure out a time still.

but we are now meeting at walmart in augusta parking lot.

find out abouting some wheeling and get back to us here.

figure out the time and day best for ya. either saturday or sunday. perferable during the day and figure out what is good time in the future. i would love to continue this in the future. as say a monthly thing and see. keep this going what we got now and it will only get bigger. let me know on your best times and dates. good job maine , keep going with this.

oh really where are they wheeling at ? can i come ?

Good going with the M&G Andy! :wave:

If my rig was up for it I could have used it for an excuse to get up there and see you guys... But that weekend will hopefully be the second weekend in a row of this phase of my XJ build. :repair: It's getting the works. :D And if I'm not working on my rig I'm supposed to be at a friend's building a new custom interior for his show Subaru... I need to stop working on everyone elses rig and get going on mine!

jeepmanxj94 said:
Here since nobody else wanted to set this up i guess i will. here's the idea:

- serious suggestions will be taken. sorry lets make a sacrafice for this to happen cuz i think NAC Northern end needs this. plus it would make a stronger club and chapter if we can out do the mass. crew.

i see someone is getting impatient with our planning of the northern NAC MEet & Greet. just because there isnt a DAILY update on the other thread doesnt mean Grizzley isnt putting his own time and effort into setting up something "BIG" that is worth driving for.

there is also no "Mass crew" it just happens that 2 of the NAC BOD live down here. and this whole idea was Grizzley's since 2 years ago.
i agree more activity would make a stronger club, thats why the "VERY FEW OF US" are working so hard to give "THE VERY MANY" of us something to do besides web-wheel.

one last thought, don'tcha think it would have been a better idea to contact someone thru PMs like Grizzley about this whole thing and see if maybe you could "help" because posting a competetive thread does a great job of stomping on toes and dividing the effort put forth.

the NAC is allive and well. (although very large) and your efforts and interest would be appreciated if they were used as part of the "collective effort"

publc spanking? i dont think so... just a lil reminder that a team effort gets much better results toward the final goal.

jeepmanxj94 said:
i will keep posting once in awhile to see what everyone else has said and see if we cant get this going. just trying to be devils advocate. so we got the weekend. the day saturday or sunday better. everyone chime in ! good luck if you want to come from mass. have fun if you want to drive that far with your rig. but if you do dont feel bashful to post up. hey and if anyone from N. H. want to come up to might as well. just that we are not changing anything for you guys to accomodate for this is a maine thought as event and we need to keep maine in general the concentration. sorry dont want to see this fail again like the last thread.

As a member of the North Atlantic Chapter BOD, I appologize to the chapter members, specifically New Hampshire members, who, after reading the above reply, felt that this chapter had changed what it stood for or thought that we changed the way we did things. We do not condone any state against state competition, we do not approve of not making any accommodations for members who have to travel farther than others, and we never make any chapter event a "concentrate on this state only" event. This meet and greet, or what ever it is, is in no way affiliated with the NAXJA NAC organization. If you go to this and wheel, you are entirely on your own. I have shut down the chapter M&G at this time, maybe later this year I'll consider another.

Grizzley
Chapter Secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back