• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M&G/snow run in southern tier NY

gabe4

NAXJA Forum User
OK I've had a few folks ask about our annual M&G so:

Here is what I'm thinking, meet in Greene NY in the AM grab a coffee and take some of the seasonal roads and end up in Norwich at a TBD place to eat. I did a little exploring this past weekend and there is just enough snow to make it interesting but most any stock rig with good snows should be fine, maybe we'll get lucky and someone will get stuck in the ditch. I'm looking for anyone local to do a pre-run maybe even this weekend 02/21 just to map a route, after which we can come up with times and a date right now I'm thinking march 7th/8th or 14th/15th, the weather between now and then will help determine our route and time it will take for the trail run. I'm hoping that I can come up with a good run time so that folks who can't make the run can at least meet us at the restaurant.

who's interested, first in the M&G for march, but also if anyone is up for the pre-run this weekend?

No problem. I'll certainly let you know as the date gets closer

doing a new downpipe, hubs,ujoints and rear axle bearings Sat.
(Although I'm skeert of route 17 now, everytime I have headed out that way something bad has happened to my heep):scared::roflmao:

Kewl! I can make the M & G, but not the pre run :(. Will be at Rausch creek for a little play time! :D

Updated M&G/snow run in southern tier NY

Ok the pre-run went well and I’ve got a route laid out, it’s about 40 miles including the paved roads between the seasonal roads. Depending on the weather it could take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours if we get some folks stuck. As of this past weekend the unplowed roads are passable for even a stock rig so long as it has good snow tires. The issue will be if someone slides into a ditch, this is not the end of the world so long as you have a tow point. We had one slide off this past weekend and after a little tug to get out of the hole he just drove out of the ditch.
I’m going to lay out some “options” and I hope to get some feedback, still shooting for March 14th.

Option 1:
We meet in Greene around 10:30 grab coffee introduce ourselves then roll out around 11:30. Along the trail reevaluate the route based on time in hopes of getting to Norwich around 3 for diner. This way the folks who don’t want or can’t make the trail ride can just meet us for diner.

Option 2:
We just meet in Norwich around 12 or so have lunch, hang out for a couple hours and if enough people want to hit the seasonal roads we just head out from there. This way those who can’t or don’t want to go on the trail run can just meet at a more specified time.

Option 3:
Bag the whole trail ride and just meet for diner either in Norwich or somewhere closer to Binghamton.

Again these are just conversation starting points, so please respond with suggestions.

I like option 1 myself! Any is fine though.

I'm interested in Option 1, but need to see if I can get out of my morning committment. If not, I'd be interested in meeting everyone for dinner.

-Jim C
Near Binghamton, NY

Ok I've had more then one request to make this the 15th sunday. and most seem to like option 1 and 2. Any more feeback?

Ok there is a new option on the table or at least a change to option 1. Instead of starting in Greene we start in Oxford (just up the road from Greene) for those who want, we get there around 9 or so for the pancake breakfast being held ath the Oxford Fire dept.. Then head out from there and hit the hopefully snow covered trails. And end up in Norwich around 2-3, still need to pick a spot, still open for suggestions; we have Nina’s so far. I will head up there this weekend to scope out a spot.

Sunday works for me and breakfast sounds yummy for the tummy!:laugh3:

That does sound appealing doesnt it..guess I better get off my fat arse and fix my stuff, so far everytime I head for the driveway its either sub-freezing or raining, working in either isnt an much of an option.....

Re: Final plan M&G/snow run in southern tier NY

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
March 15th

The plan is to meet here around 9am for those who want to have a Pancake Breakfast and come on who doesn’t want a pancake breakfast.
Oxford American Legion #376
17 South Washington Avenue
Oxford, NY 13830

http://www.oxfordny.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-3-15&e=687&c=1

Then once we eat ourselves into a coma, we head out to hit some of the seasonal roads around 11 -11:30. The difficulty of these trails really depends on how much snow is there. We hit them last week and they were just right. We had a stock ZJ and he did fine so long as you don’t slide into a ditch, if you do we can get you out so long as you have tow points. For those who don’t want to get up early for the pancakes they can meet us at 11 before we roll out.

Ok again depending on the trails we should roll into Norwich around 3-4 to a still TBD place to eat (right now Nina’s) I will have that Sunday the 7th.

First we need an idea of who plans on meeting us for breakfast, just the wheeling, and or the diner.

one for chow :laugh3:

Cancled M&G/snow run in southern tier NY

Guys I hate to do this but, I had a upgrade go bad at work and the only time I can work it is on Sunday mornings, so I'm going to have to bail on all this I'll try to set it up again soon. WORK SUCKS

Back