• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost my cell phone :(

johnlv6

NAXJA Forum User
So i was working on the XJ last night when a friend called (I had the phone sitting on the hood). For the life of me, i can't remember what i did with it after that. I looked around for a half hour or so then went bowling. My best guess is that i set it back on the hood and it fell off when i went to test drive my work. I looked everywhere in the garage, the jeep, i even walked a mile down the road with a flashlight last night to see if it fell off (i had that happen with a book a couple years ago)...no luck. I went by the apartment office and Verizon...no one turned it in (i had verizon freeze the number so no one could make any calls). Where else would you look? I'm hoping it'll turn up in one of the places i've thoroughly searched five or six times. Thanks...had to vent.

Me =

owned_basketball.jpg

Did you call your cell number to find it that way?

Oh well, good excuse to upgrade to a better phone. Bad thing is that you lost all your stored numbers.

Yep...i borrowed my friends phone and called mine every couple of minutes while i was walking around looking for it. Mine only had one bar of battery life left...i'm sure it's probably dead by now.

The fawkers make you pay for every little upgrade. I'm lucky i opted for the insurance policy (i've never done it before with a cell company before). Instead of having to pay $250+ (or full retail), i'll have to pay $50. The bad thing is that it's my only phone line...i'm $hit out of luck until i get another one in. I've never lost a phone before...i've never had much of a need for a landline.

What I do, I have the profit mount in my 97TJ and the 98XJ with the powered hang up cup for my moto E815 bluetooth phone, then I have the base unit that the phone just drops into. I keep an HS850 blue tooth headset in my pocket or on my ear, when I'm in the jeeps, the calls come thru the stereo systems jensen head unit or thru the hardwired car kit when the radio is off.
Bites loosing the phone though, hope you had it deactivated incase someone else finds it.

I went by verizon and had them deactivate the line. If someone finds it, i'm sure they can still get in the phone book if they wanted to (mine was an E815 too). I'm debating about waiting to see if it turns up by monday...if it doesn't i'll have to go buy another. I can't wait around the week or whatever for them to send me one under the replacement plan.

I'm driving up to VA on Tuesday..i don't think they'd ship the replacement up there anyways.

Back