• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looks like i will be getting a new bumper FREE

rav

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys;
was coming to school to workup a reaction. I waiting at the stop light and suddenly heard a bang sound, at first i thought that it was my new installed air tank that fell of(i hooked it up where the spare tire mounts with cords), then since the signal was green i thought i will pull over and check, just when i start, i see a car right under my hitch, came out and saw that the stock bumper was bent. I then went to talk too the lady who was driving the car and she asks why was i backing(bullshit). Called the cops and they took all the information from her and gave me(took mine and gave her too). Being new in this country i am not very familiar with insurnace stuff, so wanted to how i should approach this. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks;
Ravi

Since you got a police report, I would go if I was you to a local jeep dealership and have them give you a quote for repair and replacement of everything there and take that and go to your insurance agency along with her information. They in turn will go after her insurance for hte $ for you.....

If there was no police involved I would have handled it directly with her... but now it's better to have the insurance companies deal with that..

Kejtar
P.S. Quote from dealer is important as they will be SKY HIGH and you want it to be just like it was (to quote an annoying tire commercial: "ones like the ones on my car" :D) and that will allow you to get the $$ for custom bumper and you install it yourself :)

i was rear ended and the lady didnt want to report it. i went and got 3 estimates all at 500-550. she then gave me the cash.no body damage just the end cap and bumper. i bought smittybuilts double tube front and rear with the money and had left over.

Make sure to check the frame where the hitch mounts. I got rear ended and I didn't think any damage had been done and let it slide. Turns out the frame rail was slightly bent. I was able to straighten it out, but if you are having someone check it out and might get money out of the deal, have them check that too.

RR3

So did she tell the cop that you were backing up? Sounds like a huge headache if she's sticking with that story. Good move on calling the police.

korda said:
So did she tell the cop that you were backing up? Sounds like a huge headache if she's sticking with that story. Good move on calling the police.

Yes that bitch said the same thing to the cop, but looked like the cop was convinced after listening to me, but he did not give her a ticket, and thats is what is bothering me as i am pretty sure she will say the samething to her insurance and i wont get anything :mad:

Ralph:- Yes i will surely check everything, thanks for all the advices.

Ravi

She hit you from behind. END OF STORY!!!!!!!!
Automatically her fault. Ticket or not.
Have her insurance pay for the damages. Also, if it was me, I would be rolling on the floor in pain while visiting her insurance agent.;)
Get the bumper you really want. :D:D
Dan.

I got rearended in Chicago last winter. 5 degrees outside, had to stop for traffic, Pontiac Sunfire, or sunbird, or spitfire or whatever ran right into my hitch. Bent my stock rear bumper up about 1/4" and broke the hanger for my exhaust. Caused a leak in the front where my Borla meets the connecting tube. Pushed his radioator into the fan & thrashed the front of his car.

Went to the insurance adjuster a couple days later, she looked at it, rang up the bill - $1350, check in hand. I drove straight to Midas, gave them $40 to hang the exhaust & seal up the header pipe. Left the bent bumper. Drove to Circuit City & bought myself a laptop with the rest. Drove home and laughed at the stupidity of the whole thing...

No Worries

You didn't say which state you are living in so I'll just make a general staement. If you are in a no-fault state then the police don't issue a ticket unless there is a traffic violation involved i.e. ran a stoplight, reckless driving, etc. In other states if the police officer determines that the damage is under a certain dollar amount then he doesn't have to issue a ticket. In your case your insurance company now has the ball in their court and may or may not sue her insurance company. At any rate they should not hold you liable for filing a claim and your rates should not go up because of it. You may initially have to pay your deductable but it will be refunded after they settle with her insurance.

Back