• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a 4.0 long block, 0630 head preferred

GoSlowGetStuck

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
On my new-to-me 97 I attempted to replace my #2 piston with one that didn't have a hole in it, and new rings, but it still runs like crap. Finally got smart and actually did a compression test and it's beyond hope. Testing with oil in the cylinders didn't help so I've got bad valves, major warpage, who knows what's going on. Not worth the money to me to fully rebuild (and do it right) so it's time to find one to swap in.

I'm flexible, I can take a short block and get my head reworked, but I'd prefer a long block that I can just throw in and put my manifolds on and be done with it.

Of course I'd like it to be within 30 minutes of me and dirt cheap... but again I'm flexible :) Planning to keep an eye on craigslist but figured I'd ask here too.

I have one from a 98 runs great, smokes a little going down hill while engine breaking......you can hear it run b4 we pull it if you want.

I'm not too worried as long as it runs decent, mine compression tested 15 0 0 60 105 110 so anything is an improvement over that. I'll load up the hoist and come see you soon.

redheep has one, but it's in NC.

Just slightly further than I want to drive for a 4.0, though in a few months when I'm pissed off at the weather here it might sound better. Got a deal worked out though, going to take my hoist and my E12 socket and go see hobag in a couple weeks.

Back