• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted 1988 Comanche

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, I've had this thing on Craigslist a few times and thought about throwing it on eBay, but I am going to try it once here. I hate to get rid of it, but I've got some debt I need to pay off and this would help since I would be getting money and getting rid of a project. Pictures are at the bottom of the page if you want to just get to the good stuff.

I have for sale a 1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer. It was originally a 2wd truck and I went through all the steps of properly converting it to 4x4; I did it just like Jeep would have. Here is the list of specs for it.

Drivetrain
4.0L 6 cylinder engine-rumored to have been rebuilt, I don't know for sure-I put a 1996+ stamped steel valve cover and CCV lines on and deleted the EGR system-it runs great. The exhaust is being routed through a Flowmaster 40 with a custom bent tailpipe.
Peugeot BA/10 5 speed manual transmission-swapped in from a lower mileage Comanche with 125k-shifts good.
NP-231 21 Spline Transfer Case-from same Comanche as above-shifts good also.
Dana 30 front axle from 1991 Cherokee-3:55 gears-130,000 miles.
Chrysler 8.25 rear axle from 1999 Cherokee with DISK BRAKES-3:55 gears-70,000 miles on this one.

Suspension and Wheels/Tires
Rockkrawler 4.5" coils in the front
Spring over axle in the rear netting about 5" of lift-has 1996 Dodge Dakota brakeline which can handle mas flex.
Rusty's lower control arms
33x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws with less than 2000 miles on 15x8 A/R black Nitro wheels.
Corrected pinion angle when the spring over axle was done, very minimal vibrations if any.

Body
Originally it was Colorado Red, now it's Rustoleum Hammered Finish Silver/Black two tone-some areas look great others make it look like primer.
Trimmed fenders and bed up to body line and lined with Trim-Lok to eliminate sharp edges.
Factory rear sliding window
97+ Cherokee fenders/header panel with chrome grille and bezels-makes it look a lot cleaner in the front.
97+ Side Mirrors
Custom built front bumper with tow hoops built in.
AJ’s Offroad Armor custom built rear bumper with 2” receiver-great looks and quality!
I have done the removeable door modification, takes about 5 minutes to get doors off and on.
I had the carpet out when I did the 4wd swap, the floor pans had very little rust and looked nice and solid.

Interior
Cherokee leather seats from 1990 Limited.
97+ Cherokee console-built in cupholders, nicer looking all around than older consoles.
Woodgrain dash from a 94 Cherokee Country

Problem areas (if you want to call them that...)
In the body there are a couple dents. When I painted it, I eliminated the rust but I didn't bother filling in the dents because I don't like using bondo; I've seen it go wrong too many times. This being said, there were also a few very minor rust holes that I couldn't really do much about. Overall the thing still looks pretty good though.
The bed and the inside of the doors are still the original red. I was planning on lining the bed, I just never got around to it. I did however paint the door jambs to match the paintjob.
There is no headliner or trim in it right now but I will include all of that if it sells. The headliner is freshly recovered.
As you can probably tell from the pictures, it needs new wiper transmission bushings...the wiper elements were just replaced however, so they work great.
There are no swaybars on the truck either. Comanches never came with a rear one but the front has been taken off as well. After the lift, I have driven it down the highway a ton. I drove it without the swaybar for a long trip (200 miles each way) and I felt perfectly safe in it. It doesn't wander or wobble and the steering feels tight and proper. I would not plan on making this truck a daily driver, mainly because of the loud tires and size of lift, but it could be done.

Please don't hesitate to pm me if you have questions or are interested in it. I need $3000 the way it sets right now or $2400 without the Baja Claws.
Thanks,
Collin

MJwithNitros2.jpg

MJwithNitros3.jpg

MJwithNitros6.jpg

MJwithNitros5.jpg

MJwithNitros4.jpg

Del00XJ said:
No, it's a '99 now. Gonna throw it on here sometime soon anyway.
Shoot if you were closer that might be a possibility. I could always use another 99 XJ...

Del00XJ said:
How far is Iowa?
It's about halfway around the country from you.

Del00XJ said:
Sweet. Too lazy to check out a map here at work... That blows Bro.
Well if you ever have any business in the Midwest let me know, maybe we could trade 'em up.

Well I have 3 different parties interested in this right now so we'll see what happens.

Sold to a lucky gentleman from eBay. Thanks to everyone on here who looked at it. This thread can be deleted.

Back