• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift for durango?

4x4life05

NAXJA Forum User
Hey is there a 6" lift kit available for a 2001 Dodge Durango? And no i do not want to lift the body.

Thanks

Danny

Only thing close that I've ever seen is a 5.5" kit by Tuff Country. I'm just guessing here, but I think it's an add-a-leaf for the rear and some bracket thing for the front torsion bars.

Dave

i've been looking around and apparently dodge changed to a rack and pinion set up so that's what is making it hard to find... that other lift shown was for up to a 99 and i have an 01

Well why lift it 6" if you don't wanna wheel it? Durangos get bad enough mileage to begin with, 6" lift and the commensurate increase in tire size (honestly who can resist big tires to match a lift;)) will absolutely kill your mileage...Now, if you do a Cummins swap like this Dakota I saw in one of the mags, that'd be different :D Guy was seein 23/26 mpg, at least, on 38s with a SAS and big lift...:D:D

Back