• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Life with an XJ

SpartyKrunk

Im better than you
I need a new XJ. I miss the feeling of breaking wrenches and the smell of motor oil mixing with my blood. I miss the hunt of dropped bolts and sparkplugs. I miss spending the entire day outside under the hood getting nothing done. Just using the excuse of "I was tryin to figure out what broke." as a way of staying away from my home. It's hard to call it a home. Clean bed sheets and a hot breakfast just don't compare to the mud crusted back seat and old stale jerky found under the mat. It's the tightening of the lugnuts by hand that keeps my fingers busy, and the unbolting of my heads that keep my biceps tough. Tough as the so-called "new" paint sprayed by the previous owner, didn't last me a week before it got it's first roll over and the permanent dent and clawed by the talons of nature. I miss my XJ. I haven't seen it since I left for Mexico about a month ago. Some mechanic claims to be fixing it, all I asked him was to swap my motor. My arms weren't strong enough to do it myself, hard as I tried. He has a jack. I miss my Skinny, yet ...i'll give it away for $2500 to anybody who wants it. All to buy a new one, one that i'll get to know better, a virgin, untouched by curious hands like mine. Only to be cosmetically altered onto a bigger set of rubbers, and and nipped and tucked. Only to be abused and demanded to carry me across the world without roads. Across the world few know. A world few will see. A world soon to vanish. Only to be replaced by one made by the stealing hands of man.
Fins-N-Things-Needles-BeefBasin0-2.jpg

What about?

Shhh. lol. I just felt like being majestic. Hush. Leave me alone. Im tired of you old farts pickin on me. Especially MM.

Very long to be a haiku, but it strikes a tone none-the-less.

Why thank you. :]

Older people tend to forget things, as you can tell.

Alzhiemer's or Dementia...

Take your pick.

Dementia is just wrong. Don't say that lol.

psshoot.

What wisdom have you shared?

lol. I knew somebody would flip.
Hahahaha

i miss my XJ's too, mainly my old 2dr. even with my luxurious 2000 still being a "cherokee" it just doesnt feel the same. to modern needs more dirt and character then maybe it'll feel like my old jeeps

He has a good point. Wanna trade? lol. Mine's covered in dirt.

Back