• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let me introduce you to K.D. Lang

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Long story why thats its name but its my new girlfriend. But dont tell my wife/
IMG_20110923_120954.jpg

I shouldnt bitch about tow rigs anymore.
99 f250 diesel auto with 180,000 miles for 5500k!

sweet deal. atleast you got the 7.3. my buddy who towed jonesinxj jeep to nw fest just got done puttin 7k into 05 6.0 for head gasket and a few other oddities lol.
now you just need a trailer. should do something like this but with a cherokee instead of a wrangler
IMGP1960.jpg

best thing bout ford is they circle the problem

I love that truck. Ill eventually buy a 7.3 2door 6speed as a hauler. Only thing I dont like is the stance of the stock suspension. Though that can be easily fixed.

good score on the hauler.

Long story why thats its name but its my new girlfriend. But dont tell my wife/
IMG_20110923_120954.jpg

I shouldnt bitch about tow rigs anymore.
99 f250 diesel auto with 180,000 miles for 5500k!

If you have any problems let me know. I use to work on a lot of power-strokes.

Also get an edge power box, 4 inch exhaust and no muffler. On Econ mode you can get 22 mpg tow mode towing 10k about 12

Cherokee's are for kids and women. Grown ups wheel Wranglers!

Also get an edge power box

Don't do that get a DP tuner. Edge is like the Iphone of the diesel computer market. It looks pretty, has a pretty name and has an awesome marketing team but it is crap by comparison.

PS: Fumoto valves are awesome!

Last edited:
Don't do that get a DP tuner. Edge is like the Iphone of the diesel computer market. It looks pretty, has a pretty name and has an awesome marketing team but it is crap by comparison.

PS: Fumoto valves are awesome!

My buddy has one in his 98 and has no problems with it but he also has an iPhone also. Do the DP tuner give them more power or just all around better? Were old and don't care about puffing black smoke and wasting fuel. Just getting there and saving fuel.

Dave

Sent from my butt since that's what I talk out of most the time!

I think you should learn to drive.. so you can just drive your junk home....

This message sent from my phone.. which contains glue... no tape... yet..

I didn't think they made the superduty in 1998

My buddy's is not one just has close to the same motor. But pretty sure ford has made them since the late 80's early 90's. I use to work at a tow truck shop that made and serviced them. I worked on so many I never payed much attention but I think the oldest one I worked on was 91. I remember because it was such a hunk of crap and the job was a pain in the butt. But I do remember it said super duty on the fender a straight axle front end and a 7.3l idi

My buddy has one in his 98 and has no problems with it but he also has an iPhone also. Do the DP tuner give them more power or just all around better? Were old and don't care about puffing black smoke and wasting fuel. Just getting there and saving fuel.

One thing a programmer can never do that a chip can is control the shifts, which is a big part of economy as well. Another thing is it's switch on the fly which means you can use there exhaust brake tune or drive through tune (quiets the engine) without having to wait 15 min to switch tunes like the edge. Do a search on it you will see a lot of people going from edge to DP and loving it not the other way around. There's also quite a few that have DP tuner place their tunes on an edge but it still has the above listed problems.

This truck is pulling 15 to 16 mpg right now. Not sure if it was programmed before I got it but I cant afford one to tell. It smokes a bit so im thinkin it might be. I took a look at the dp tuner but I dont even know where to start when ordering one. I just want something simple that someone who is not obessed with diesels can understand. Im alo early 99 so nothing works on my truck from what ive seen online. I would like to get a little better fuel economy if I could though.

This truck is pulling 15 to 16 mpg right now. Not sure if it was programmed before I got it but I cant afford one to tell. It smokes a bit so im thinkin it might be. I took a look at the dp tuner but I dont even know where to start when ordering one. I just want something simple that someone who is not obessed with diesels can understand. Im alo early 99 so nothing works on my truck from what ive seen online. I would like to get a little better fuel economy if I could though.

Ouch I fell your pain diesel is expensive.. is that pulling trailer or just the rig alone

I know others may not like this but anyway. Also does not take a rocket scientist to use it plus not a million dollars.

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product...name=1994-2003+Ford+7.3L+Evolution+Programmer

Try this stuff to clean the injectors and condition the fuel. Remember in 99 they were never intended to run the ultra low sulfur fuel. Also increases the cetane in the fuel for a more complete burn.

http://www.howeslube.com/

Or this stuff

http://www.powerservice.com/dk/

Install a new quality fuel filter like a napa gold (wix) Fleetguard or Baldwin. Same with the air filter.

Don't remember if 99 has a cat? but cut that sucker out of there along with the stock muffler and replace it with a quality large case free flow muffler. Something you can see though.

Also make sure your motors not making oil. Check it often for a bit to see if the level go's up. If it does you'll need to replace the injector seals. I also don't remember if that one has the lift pump in the valley. If so make sure it's not leaking. Usually they will leave a puddle of fuel where ever you park if they are bad bad. If not so bad is will still leak but the heat will dissipate it. (Any leak is a bad leak and a waste of fuel)

Slow and easy on the skinny pedal if you see soot thats un-burned fuel. Stick or auto? Stick will get better mpg as we all know. And keep the rpm's low as you can. My buddy claims no more then 1900 and 1700 is better yet.
He has a 03 TJ and drives his powerstoke over from bend because it gets better mileage plus it has cruise.

Dave

This truck is pulling 15 to 16 mpg right now. Not sure if it was programmed before I got it but I cant afford one to tell. It smokes a bit so im thinkin it might be. I took a look at the dp tuner but I dont even know where to start when ordering one. I just want something simple that someone who is not obsessed with diesels can understand. Im alo early 99 so nothing works on my truck from what ive seen online. I would like to get a little better fuel economy if I could though.

Is that freeway or city?
I have an E99 Too welcome to the club. there are a few differences nothing to spectacular. Our brakes suck a little more but are still good. A few intake side differences. Different injector computer.
On the bright side we have the "Wickedwheel" compressor wheel everyone wants.
It should only smoke when you step on it.

Definitley check behind your fuel bowl with a flashlight the o-rings on the yellow drain plug leak often. you'll either get standing fuel behind the bowl or fuel leaking down on the right of the front axle.

As far as the DP call them their customer service has a great reputation.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/ go here for tech help/ general questions.

Last edited:
Back