• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land Use Donation

Which land-use organization should we donate to?

• San Bernardino National Forest

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Blue Ribbon Coalition

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Friends of Panamint valley

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Friends of Johnson Valley

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • CORVA

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Cal4Wheel

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Friends of Ocotillo Wells

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Friends of Jawbone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friends of Oceano Dunes

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other - post up below with more info

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Hi All,

National is willing to match $500 to donate to a local land-use organization. Last year we donated $1000 to SBNF as they are always in need of tools and funding.

The SoCal BOD would like to get your feedback from our members on where you would like to see our $1000 donation go towards?

Think about which local land-use organizations help keep our trails open and have made a significant impact on our hobby and have allowed us to appreciate our beautiful surroundings.

San Bernardino National Forest
Blue Ribbon Coalition
Friends of Panamint valley
Friends of Johnson Valley
CORVA
Cal4Wheel
Friends of Ocotillo Wells
Friends of Jawbone
Friends of Oceano Dunes

i voted for sbnf once again... we have a tight relationship with them.. the reason for that? because their turf is our playground!! I say we donate where we play!!

I voted SBNF, as well; it's where I like to be, it likely has the most trail maintenance issues, and I think more people benefit.

Having said that, donating to any of the above places is a great thing. Thanks, BOD. :cheers:

I split between SBNF and CORVA. We see a lot of runs out to SBNF come from our members and our annual official event is held up there, plus our AAT. CORVA because I know they come under attack. I remember one year at the Truckhaven challenge arriving to find that the official event had to be cancelled because someone filed an injunction 5 minutes before the courthouse closed, in Sacramento, the offer was made to refund everyone their money, or donate it to the CORVA legal defense fund.

splitting it up may be feasible depending on our fund availability

xtreme xj - I agree but he's not the only one!! others as well!! and because of that dedication the clubs relationship has benefited...

I vote Panamint (LOL, who were the other 2?)

There's not too many of us that use Panamint and therefore I can imagine that they don't get a lot of donations / gifting for resources.

Panamint Valley is a cool place that has terrain for whatever wheeling you desire and is full of mines and ghost towns to check out as well. You could very easily do a month long camping trip there trying to check everything out..

Friends of Panamint Valley doesn't need any money at this time. Unfortunately, the Surprise Canyon fight is lost, and nothing else is costing any money at this time.

I also understand that FOJV is well enough funded at this time.

Any more thoughts on this?

We have to decide by the end of the month.

Back