• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

Tim, that belly pan is very nicely done...I cant tell from the pics, but is the top side laterally braced? Is it 1/4" or thicker? It looks like thicker than quarter.

no top bracing on the belly pan. it is 3/8" plate & bolted all around the perimeter. if i bend it the jeep will fold up like a delicious soft taco.

I may have missed it (on my phone), but do you have any pics of how your ORI mounts look under the hood? Did you have any clearance issues with the shock hoop and the brake booster/master cylinder on the drivers side?

i made an adapter plate that bolts between the aw4 & the upside down chevy mount, then made a 2 hole mount welded to the new cross memeber that the mount bolts to. the energy suspension brand urethane mounts have hidden interlocking steel inside so if the mount ever fails it can not split in two like the stock jeep (or stock chevy) mount will. it is about 1.5" shorter than the jeeps giant mount.

Tim, any chance you have a part number for the mount you used?

today the buyers removed their contingencies on our house, meaning that our house is officially SOLD!!!
full price, all cash, no appraisals, inspections already done.
all i have to fix is a tiny leak on a bathtub drain seal.
we have 6 weeks to get everything we own off the property!
so the Fun Factory is officially closed for business until i get it setup in one of our other shop buildings.
we have had a lot of fun build parties in my shop with lots of great NAXJA members.
we are not quite ready to head to our river house in Oregon, but we will be a lot closer when i get the fatty check from the sale of this house.
in the mean time, we are listing another house on 12.5 acres in Oregon for sale, & last week we bought another riverfront one on 2 acres that will close in 60 days or so.
plus work is finally getting busy again, so it looks like it will be a crazy few months for us while we pack, move, & get set up back into my old shop where we will live.

Last edited:
in 6 weeks we will be moving into my old shop again after 11 years away from it.

unnamed%203_zpsocvdr19c.jpg

Damn that thing looks like a good sized shop. Its a bummer you are going to oregon but happy that you are stoked about it . Its cool we get to have you around this much longer though.

The fun factory will be missed, I'm glad I got to experience its awesomeness tho. Congrats!

This is great Tim that you are that much closer to Diane and your dream. The Fun Factory was too far for me to enjoy but we all heard about the benefits that NAXJA derived from is existence.

Hopefully a new one will pop up for us somewhere close to me. :) :)

thanks everyone, we are both very happy!
the new shop is close to mclaughlin & 280 near downtown san jose.
we should only be there for about a year before we head north to Oregon for good.

been crazy busy tearing apart the factory.
moved a few tons of stuff out already.
taking the green jeep to Oregon tomorrow to register it. (no smog! $42 / year reg!)
the clock is ticking fast to get out.
the tenant in my old shop should be out on march 28 so i can start to move the bridgeport, lathe, compressor, iron worker, tube bender, mig welder, hydraulic presses, sheet metal shear & brakes, & the friggin giant tool boxes, & the bobcat, 3 jeeps, rzr, 1 last harley, & 1 last trailer. uggh. i will need some help with all that shit.

i made an offer today on a little cottage in a fishing village (winchester bay)on the Oregon coast. it's about 1 mile from some of the best sand dunes in the state. great place to tear up with the jeeps & the rzr, as well as world class salmon & crab fishing 1/4 mile away. i hope we get it! we hopefully will know tomorrow. i plan on making an offer on another duplex tomorrow as well. when playing monopoly you can never own too many houses!

Dude thats awesome.
just plain badass. Tim you are a good business man.

Back