• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

so, my family & i voted to shut down our hvac business wednesday after 39 years & 8 months.
it will take a bit to finish up a few projects, then liquidate the tools, machinery, equipment, & vehicles. what this means is that we are moving to Oregon finally! woo hoo!
i'm hauling the red p.o.s. up there with the next trailer load of our crap thanksgiving week.
we are hoping to move into our house on the river by February & get started on building the 1800 sq. ft. addition to my existing shop. i can't wait to start this adventure!
i'm going to miss seeing all my sierra chapter brothers & the build parties at my shop, but i'll always have room in the new shop should any of you venture up near eugene oregon.

Sounds like your plan is working out nicely. Congrats on the semi-retirement.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to sell all your bay area rentals too?

Sounds like your plan is working out nicely. Congrats on the semi-retirement.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to sell all your bay area rentals too?

i have partners on three of them & they don't want to sell two of them.
we may be able to sell the commercial building, which would be ideal.
the other two in san jose i own, & am not sure if i want to sell or not as they rent for stoopid $ & the mortgage $ is tiny.
i would have to do another 1031 exchange if i sold them & buy a small apartment building or a couple more duplexes in oregon.

I think you are far enough down in southern Oregon that you still qualify to be in the Sierra Chapter.

dude, we could have a sierra chapter event in oregon and go wheel with ya up there!

the big red p.o.s. is on the trailer & heading to Oregon in the morning along with a shit-ton of other stuff. we hope to move into our house up there on February 1st. we shut our hvac business down & i sold 6 trucks & a forklift along with 25k of shop tools & equipment this week.
counting the days...

Well, as long as we plan it out way the heck in advance I am down.

Back