• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kingsley Reservoir: 3/21

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
A few of us are planning on running Kingsley Reservoir in Hood River, March 21rst.

While Kingsley doesn't have a vast network of Jeep trails, it does offer a nice change from TSF. It features a lengthy trail of various obstacles, and a good sized rock garden to crawl through at the end of the day.

All are welcome to join in. I'll get some directions, meet up location, and rendezvous time up later.

9EBD96F0-9626-46EE-AC5B-24884E91D40D.jpg

9E303893-C57C-46FE-9EB5-8609C930008D.jpg

Lets wheel!

I want to make this and Im gonna put a request for that day, I feel at least a front locker is needed though?
Meh, most of the 197 trail is pretty tame. A lot of it is dependent on the weather. There's a few spots that can be pretty tricky when slick. There's also a few optional lines, and obstacles too that can be bypassed.

I'd love to go but we should be moving into our new house that weekend. Hopefully next time.

No maybe's Brandon! Be nice to wheel with Ya!

I'm in, looking forward to it!

I've got a couple well built Cherokees joining me, if that's ok?

The self proclaimed new BoringDave is out! And will most likely be out of all upcoming events for quite some time.

Have fun and be Boring!

For those planning on making this run, lets plan to meet at the Kingsley Reservoir staging area, 0930

How do I get to Kingsley Reservoir? Directions HERE.

Basically, take exit #62 off I84. Stay right, and take the first right to get onto Country Club Road. Follow that for a few miles, and you'll go past the golf course on right. You'll come to a T, stay right, and then take the lower road at the Y, which will put you on Kingsley Road. From there on out, it's a windy steep climb up to the reservoir.

I will likely be cutting over via Bridge of the Gods, Saturday morning. If you guys want to rendezvous in Cascade Locks at ~0830 we can convoy to Kingsley from there.

Looking forward to getting some trail time in!

At the Y if you take the upper rd you come in the back way. The 1/2 mile rd to the parking lot is nasty. If muddy you might drive it s couple times causes it rutty and muddy!!! Good times

Back