• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kinda impressed...

poorboy_616

NAXJA Forum User
By a cheap set of car speakers.....

I replaced the blown front OE speakers with a pair of Roadmaster ($20, Walmart) cheapies....

They don't actually sound to bad....

I will be upgrading to Pioneers at some point, but these will do for now....

The hatch doesn't provide great sound anyway, so I transfered the one good mostly good front speaker into the hatch with the one mostly good OE speaker back there so at least there is four speakers and half decent soudn throughout the Jeep.....

My sony CD headunit drives them nicely even at full volume they don't cut out like the OE ones.....

Now, I still need to gather the parts for the subwoofer install...
The sub install will be all Pioneer stuff, except maybe the amp....

Keep in mind I will be making the sub box removable for trail rides, so it will be all quick disconnect stuff....

Time will tell....

car toys down here just had a sale buy one get one for free on subs i took that offer up and got me 2 12 inch JBL's and went to a pawn shop to get me a cheap amp til i could buy a new one and it actually sounds good i made one box and got one for free

oops i forgot to say i also have a sony deck that makes the jensen speakers sound pretty good 2 door speakers and no hatch speakers

I got my subzero box with one 10" Pioneer and one 10" Sony from my younger Brother in law.

I will be installing two new Pioneer subs when I have the money. The sony doesn't sound right (it's old, and abused) and the Pioneer has a crack in the pastic cone.....(probably from said abuse...)

The Amp I may pick up from a pawn shop or I may buy new, either way I will get an amp sooner or later.....

It's not that the cheap speaker is that good as much as it's that the 1987 OEM speaker blows that badly.

American automobiles didnt' get good sound until the 2000s, even premium sound systems sucked.

it'll sound ok for a couple weeks then they will start to sound like crap. I got my eclipse CD3000 HU and 4 Eclipse 6.5 3-ways for 100 bucks. Sometimes i find some damn good deals :D

Even if they sound like crap, I don't think they will buzz as badly as the paper stockers.....

Like I said before, they will do for now, but will be upgraded when I have the money....

Infinity Reference series......'nuff said.....can't really ask for a better sounding speaker, IMO.

Back