• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just installed Remote Starter

fizassist

NAXJA Member #1052
For Christmas, my folks got me a remote starter for the '95 XJ. It's the Valiant (IC Dynamics) RS108 from JC whitney. It does include the relays needed for the positive pulse power locks. It took several hours start to finish, including tracking down all the wires and making a trip to AutoZone to pick up some tap splices. I've installed 2 remote starters in the past, and I always soldered the connections. This time, I wimped out and used tap splices to speed up the process. Hopefully they will hold up.

It works fine, and I'm going to be loving this on cold mornings. :D I think this starter/keyless is a good deal for $60.

Last edited:
I have wire an entire car once, and a bunch of buddies stereo's.

How hard is it to install one? Does anyone make a dummy plug-n-play pig tail deal? Seems like they would make something that would not take figuring out which is the heater wire, lock, start, gas pump, etc.

I have had 2 vehicles with them on before, and nice in winter, but at $300 installed, I think of MANY other things the jeep wants instead for the trial.

Red97XJHow hard is it to install one? Does anyone make a dummy plug-n-play pig tail deal? Seems like they would make something that would not take figuring out which is the heater wire said:
I don't think this manufacturer has a pigtail. It's a bit of a pain tracking down the wires and getting tapped in nice and neat, but it's not particularly difficult. The FSM was a more reliable source of info than the starter instructions or the Haynes manual.

Red97XJ said:
Does ANYONE make one that plugs-N-plays? I have power locks, but no key fob, it would be nice for that also.
Hey RED97XJ, just out of curiosity does your xj have a little bubble between the visors? If so then you should have the keyless entry already and just never got the fobs.

Scobby Scobby DO! You rock! As a matter of fact I do have a little bubble! Does that mean I can go to the dealer and get a key fob? How much should I expect to pay? Can I get one aftermarket?

Thanks!
Jason

Red97XJ said:
Scobby Scobby DO! You rock! As a matter of fact I do have a little bubble! Does that mean I can go to the dealer and get a key fob? How much should I expect to pay? Can I get one aftermarket?

Thanks!
Jason

Yes...but they'll charge you ~$50 for a peice of crap infrared remote. For less than that you can install a much better aftermarket RF keyless entry or remote starter.

ZmOz said:
Yes...but they'll charge you ~$50 for a peice of crap infrared remote. For less than that you can install a much better aftermarket RF keyless entry or remote starter.
ahhh FM, it's the best bang for the buck. Out of the box I get 2200ft range.

I had the IR bubble and a $30 IR fob off of Ebay. It's useless unless you're standing next to the vehicle, so I pulled the whole module when I installed this starter/keyless.

As far as pigtails go, Bulldog makes them (T-Harness), but I'm not sure how many of the connections cover.

Back