• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just bought steel braided brake lines...

Djmack

NAXJA Forum User
As the title mentioned, I just purchased some new brake lines, the ones i have on now are the original and i want to replace them for a number of reasons. Anyway, my brakes have been pretty soft since i changed my rotors, calipers, pads, shoes, drums, wheel cylinders since high school. I'd imagine that i just messed up and didnt bleed them properly. All the brake material is still good. but, my brakes are absolutely no match for my 4x4low. So, when i get them in next week, i plan on cleaning my reservoir and getting rid of all the sediment laying in it. then, i will move onto replacing the lines and doing a proper bleed until i see fresh fluid. SOUNDS FUN!

So, How has the rest of the Sierra chapter been since i last saw yall?

Just got done running the Rubicon and have to make some minor repairs. You going out to Slickrock on the 13th?

Since you've got to bleed the system anyway might as well invest in some speed bleeders...makes the job less of a headache and then you'll no longer require a helper to bleed.

Just got done running the Rubicon and have to make some minor repairs. You going out to Slickrock on the 13th?

I cant make it out, i still have to repair what i broke on my jeep... (upgrade). and i have to put new injectors in my truck along with buying a trailer for my self. The one i had was a friends, and with how leaky my injectors are, they really act up at altitude.

Im planning to make SierraFest next year with all my sh!t together, money is just tight right now.

nymygyza.jpg

Ok.. So, I managed to go through a bunch of fluid, which I wanted so I could get a good flush. Turns out that my calipers have been upside down for a while. I swapped those and completed the bleeding after a test drive. I'm going to do it again tomorrow. But the brakes feel better.

Yea, im running 3".. When i get the money, ill upgrade everything at once. This includes another 3 inches of lift with sub frame stiffeners and long arms... But, when i bought the cables, the didn't advertise lift size. I'll take a picture of my rear rear line, i had to kind of do the same thing with coiling it over to prevent it from hanging and catching.

i did the same to my rear line, ill take a picture. The problem im having right now, I went back out to bleed my lines to get any additional air out, buy my pedal still feels soft. Any way the bubbles traveled up but not all the way to the top?

Are you starting at the wheel farthest from your MC? Pass rear in our case and then working your way to the closest?

the order should be pass rear, driver rear, pass front, driver front, then do it again.

If not you may never get all the air out

nymygyza.jpg

Ok.. So, I managed to go through a bunch of fluid, which I wanted so I could get a good flush. Turns out that my calipers have been upside down for a while. I swapped those and completed the bleeding after a test drive. I'm going to do it again tomorrow. But the brakes feel better.
I don't care for looping brake lines like that. If the axle drops far enough, it can try to pull through the loop and rupture the line.

I don't care for looping brake lines like that. If the axle drops far enough, it can try to pull through the loop and rupture the line.

With the amount of my lift vs the length of line, it wont be a problem. i even went and flexed out to check, no issues.

Well damn! Guess this broke.. That must be why transmission was feeling weird.
a5arynaz.jpg
e9ejeryv.jpg

The bolts in it where m10x1.50, so I went m12x1.75.. This bolt was significantly bigger. I drilled and tapped it.
uryby7eq.jpg

za3e7ynu.jpg

ujunume2.jpg

I think i weakened the rear bolt at sierra fest, and then when i was "testing" my brakes, i had loaded my brakes down as hard as i could in 4low and i heard a snap.

Back