• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July 19 Wharton, NJ

dennis461

NAXJA Forum User
Summers, here, the mud is drying out.
Good run today, two XJ's, two Wranglers, large Blazer, S10 pickup...
677DSCN1469-med.JPG

Narrow road here, stock wrangler with street tires.

677DSCN1471-med.JPG

Mid August I will most likely be in Yellowstone:wave:
Most times I'm a guest with other clubs, and it's not my place to invite others.

A NAXJA trip will allow me to invite others, maybe after August 20.

I was there with some buddies last weekend. We do need to set something up. I need tiepoints though......

IMG_8970.jpg

First time offroading and I am hooked.

Will my stock xj slow anyone down? :(

In my opinion, the answer to this is yes.

However, It is usually not a race, so it's not a big deal.

For example...
About six of us were out one day and I was the first one through a mud hole.
The next guy got stuck and we had to winch him through, slowed us down right...

Now the rest couldn't make it through so everyone got winched through.
What should have taken a few minutes ended up being almost an hour.
One guy had no tow hooks and had to crawl under in the mud and put a chain around the front axle.

No one was complaining, it gives folks a chance to get out of the rig and trade stories..

Sometimes my rig is the biggest on a run, sometimes it's the smallest.
When everyone meets up, that's when the decision needs to be made on who is going home, where the group will wheel, and discuss other things BEFORE they become problems on the trail. Another issue might be, is everyone OK with scratching the heck out of the sides of the rigs with pine branches. We've had Jeep lose a 4-wheel drive and voted on turning around or continuing. My buddy has a CLEAN rig, and we've had to get him alternate routes to meet up again.

Get the idea?

Last edited:
Well. I will be camping right outside of Batsto Village. Hawkins bridge I believe. Me my girlfriend and our 2 friends will be camping from sunday to tuesday (leaving tuesday morning)

I got a trail map and found nice trails. Hampton road I was on (goes through the Hampton furnace and high crossing). It was my first time and it was amazing. The puddles look like they will eat my truck. But I happened to see stock tires freshly driven down the trail. I followed the tracks and made it by just fine. Its beautiful out there. I happened to find places that I been before too. Not on purpose. 3 months ago we came down to explore and found a couple of trails. I happened to find a few spots that I been before.

Lets discuss who wants to go then. We can, right here, pick a date and we all can list what our rigs have. And determine it here. I'd like to actually get out with the Jeepers for once.

Back