• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jEEPSPEED 1700 PROJECT/CAR

chris_amrein

NAXJA Forum User
For sale: 1700 Jeepspeed car. A new racing opportunity for me means I am selling my car unfinished. Fabrication is excellent and 100% complete. Car needs to be assembled and needs only a few components to be complete. Not a fire sale however my price is set to get this car sold. I am not interested in parting it out at this time. This car was designed from the ground up and is truly a labor of my love for Jeepspeed and the opportunity to take everything I learned on my first car and make it better. This car has a very rigid and serviceable chassis with attention to weight savings without compromising strength. It has a well laid out rollcage designed to withstand a rollover or side impact and is truly a bumper-to-bumper design. Access panels for service. New frame-side motor mounts to prevent cracks before they start. Proven crossover steering handles much better than reverse “Y”. Well thought out weight distribution.

The car is slightly further along than my build thread pics show:

http://www.jeepspeed.net/smf/index.php?topic=2279.0

I can be reached at 714-two nine two-5010 to discuss this car. Price is $6500.

• 1993 Jeep Cherokee 2 door with removable top
• Hannamen fiberglass fenders and hood with Autofab hood pins
• Stock 4.0 motor with Gibson header and UMP intake
• Currie motor mounts with fabricated frame and motor plates
• 5 speed AX-15 transmission w/ Centerforce II clutch
• NP231 transfer case with SYE
• Trussed Samurai/Dana 30 front axle
• Trussed 2wd beam
• Trussed Ford 9 inch with 35 spline axles
• CV driveshaft front and rear
• Deaver front coil and rear leaf springs –
• Fabtech upper/lower link arms w/ drop brackets
• Dirt Logic 2.25 x 2.5 travel front bumpstops
• Steel braided brake lines
• Chromoly steering and track bar with ¾” 4130 heims -
• Tera-flex passenger side high steer knuckle
• 22 Gallon fuel cell with external pump and filter
• Mastercraft seats and window nets
• Autometer Gauges

I have an opportunity to race the Greg Foutz-built stock full class F250. I love Jeepspeed and had a ton of fun competing before and looked forward to doing it again but this opportunity is too good to pass up.

Anyone considering Jeepspeed or even a Jeepspeed-type prerunner owes it to themselves to take a look at what I have for sale. I am basically pricing the car at parts only and throwing in the chassis for free. I have looked at almost every car out in Jeepspeed and my engineering and build quality is better than most. This car is a steal at this price.

This thing is definitely a beautiful build. I had a chance to see it in person, very well thought out, and $6500 is a friggin STEAL for this thing!

x2! even if you don't want to compete this is still a HELL of a deal and a great build. I've seen it in person too and it's worth way more than you're asking chris. Good luck, someone is going to be very happy with this thing.

Last edited:
I grabbed a few from his build thread, hope you don't mind Chris, let me know if you do I'll take them down:

nj10.jpg

nj8.jpg

nj6.jpg

nj4.jpg

newjs003.jpg

newjs002.jpg

newjs1027.jpg

newjs1026.jpg

newjs1008.jpg

newjs1003.jpg

newjs1001.jpg

IMG_2157s.jpg

Thanks Jim!

The pics are from my build thread on Jeepspeed's site and some things have changed on it, but the last pic shows pretty much how it looks now. I redid the door bars because it was just too tough to get in and out, I added drop brackets and finished the front suspension, and the car doesn't have the FOX shocks anymore.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Chris

Last time I saw this thing is was golden! Its build with an extra side a beef! Chris deffeinetly went all out with it & its well worth his asking price..I think its selling to cheap! Hes got tons of work in this thing!
Deffinetly make a fun toy!

To you guys that have seen it and have good things to say - Thank you!

I also should mention, I have a really nice front bumper with skid plate and I made two different rear bumpers, one for a single spare and one for dual upright spares.

Also, the hybrid Samurai/Dana 30 front axle is about 1/2 complete. It became less of a priority for me since the 2wd beam was done and ready to bolt in. The hybrid beam is trussed front and bottom and has coil spring mounts and upper link arm mounts tack welded on. I have 2 stock 3rd members for it and it will need custom inner axles made. The housing is really bitchen and I probably have 50 hours of labor in adding the Dana 30 inner "C"s, trussing and gusseting it. It is strong, light weight, has good ground clearance and the ability to run 5.13's.

Chris

Yeah Chris, good luck buddy! I am going to jump on the wagon and say this thing is better than the pics could ever do justice in person! Good luck!

Back