• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep wont move! Help

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I just finished my axle swap. Got everything all finished up e-break cable, but those wont be here till tomorrow. I wanted to back the jeep out of the garage to get it out. So I bleed all my breaks and everything. all set and ready, put it in reverse and the jeep wont move at all. It torks like its going to move but then dosent. Like all my breaks are locked up. If I stomp on it i can spin the tires a little but it wont move. So I jack the backend up and the tires unload. I keep it in the air and put it in reverse, tires spin backwards just fine. No problem at all. I pull the tires and adjust the breaks thinking that the drums are to tight. I loosen them up a little and try again. Nothing. Jeep torks but wont move. Well now the jeeps ass is out of the garage and I need to get it back in, I put it in N and wont move at all. I put it in 4 high and drive to try and drag it in, but it wont move, I hit the gas alittle more and all of a sudden I get it nasty ratch sound. Whats the problem? Im stumped and so are my brother and dad. Help me out out guys

what axle did you put in? if the rotors are form a different year the flange that bolts on to the axle shaft could be the wrong width. in other words once you tighten the wheel you just locked down the rotor and now the car wont move. this happened to me when i bought rotors for my front axle d30. they gace me the 91 and up rotos instead of the renix rotors. stumped me at first but i got it all figured out. hopefully that works for you.

what axle did you put in? if the rotors are form a different year the flange that bolts on to the axle shaft could be the wrong width. in other words once you tighten the wheel you just locked down the rotor and now the car wont move. this happened to me when i bought rotors for my front axle d30. they gace me the 91 and up rotos instead of the renix rotors. stumped me at first but i got it all figured out. hopefully that works for you.

I got both axles from a guy who had them in his jeep up untell the day I picked them up. Gave me everything with them. Breaks, drums etc

Jack up each tire independently and see if they can move.What t-case do you have,is it original?

Just talked to the guy i bought them from. may of founf the problem. The axle came out of a 01 XJ. and I have a 98. The unit bearing is different from the 99's and up. So I would need calipers from a 01 to to make it work. Pretty much like what bails85 said

The issue was the front rotors, pre-1995.5 rotors WILL NOT work on post-1999.5 unit bearings. Ring and pinion seem to be in good shape.

Back