• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep is no more :(

Damm welcome to the club, seems like yesturday when I rolled mine. Cant wait to see the pics of it. I took the advise from others and im moving on to something with more power and with a frame. Good luck

ha guys,

i appreciate the support. i have no where to put the truck. even if i got it back, what am i gonna do with it? i really appreciate it guys, but at this point what am i going to do with a totalled XJ.

it seems as tho i did really fuck up. however, i think with this sometimes things happen for a reason and i need to cut my losses and say oh well. im just glad that i walked away from a roll over, very few people do that.

i really do appreciate it tho guys, this is why i'll be sticking around no matter what vehicle i end up buying.

Glad you guys are OK. Hopefully Rick can get teh owner to let you get your rig back.

I am in Lake Forest, not far from you. If you can get it back and soemone can tow it, you can keep in my driveway for a couple of weeks if you want.

If your engine/tranny are still good, I have a '95 in pretty good shape up in Sonora at Copper204's place. He used the engine/tranny and there might be a few other parts missing (nothing major), but between your XJ and it, you should be able to put something nice together. You're welcome to it if you want it...Just e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll let him know and send you the title.

Good luck!

i have no where to put the truck.

We're not letting you out that easily, NAXJA is like the crips, once you're in, you're in. If you really proceed with getting out watch out, you'll be on the list.

I suggest you allow Rick to proceed (as if he isn't going to anyway, once he's made his mind up it can't be unmade) and take it from there. Take advantage of the luxury of time to re-think things!

And, as has been stated, keep phone numbers next time. Also remember when you are involved in an incident to set your phone to allow roaming and hike around a bit to get a signal.

For the record my phone number is 310.621.1634 and while lately I don't have the time for rescue missions of anything but the utmost urgency I'm pretty good at relaying information and coordinating ;)

Sequoia

PS

PICTURES!

wow, 10 minutes from me. Yeah, if you'd called or someone had posted we'd been out there to upright you. Is it worth parting for another body?

Damn man sorry to hear bout your jeep, i wish i lived closer to ya so i could lend a hand too, but keep the updates coming, you got alot of friends here who will be happy to help however we can.

Derrick, sorry to hear about what happened and dont fret, you will get another XJ. Work with rick on trying to get it back, even tho he is a little twisted, he is good people. Even with front damage I can be the motor is prob ok. There are plaenty of places to store it to get what you want/need off of it. Towing is not an issue, I have towed many a jeep for our fellow NAXJA members.

The biggest thing here is that you and your passanger(s) are ok with nothing serious, be fortuante for that.

Let me know if you need anything and for anyone else I am in the HighDesert so if you need anything give me a holler.

Dennis

Sorry to hear about the loss, atleast you and your passenger were o.k. Hope ya get that Jeep back and make a toy out of it!!:NAXJA:

Hey check out this link...
http://www.vv4w.org/recovery.asp

This is what the Vegas Valley 4 Wheeler use. I think we could put a sticky up in the SoCal Chapter with similar info. The only exception would need to be area. Since SoCal is so large it would need to be area specific. I am willing to travel 24/7 within an about hour of Palm springs to give someone a hand. I would even run out to Glamis or JV to lend a hand in am emergency. I have the mother of all tow vehicles and have access to a lot of flat bed trailers. Between my GMC 3500 Duramax on 35s or my Jeep I could drag a rolled vehicle out on its roof from just about anywhere.

By the way this is why I always go wheeling with a buddy. You never know what could happen. Glad everyone is OK.

Hey check out this link...
http://www.vv4w.org/recovery.asp

This is what the Vegas Valley 4 Wheeler use. I think we could put a sticky up in the SoCal Chapter with similar info. The only exception would need to be area. Since SoCal is so large it would need to be area specific. I am willing to travel 24/7 within an about hour of Palm springs to give someone a hand. I would even run out to Glamis or JV to lend a hand in am emergency. I have the mother of all tow vehicles and have access to a lot of flat bed trailers. Between my GMC 3500 Duramax on 35s or my Jeep I could drag a rolled vehicle out on its roof from just about anywhere.

By the way this is why I always go wheeling with a buddy. You never know what could happen. Glad everyone is OK.
yep. the old vdubbers also have AIRS the Aircooled Internet Rescue Squad. just a network of ppl ready to help.

i'l like to see something like this posted too. maybe have the phone numbers in a donwloadable text file to keep the spammer bots from logging them :dunno:

yep. the old vdubbers also have AIRS the Aircooled Internet Rescue Squad. just a network of ppl ready to help.

i'l like to see something like this posted too. maybe have the phone numbers in a donwloadable text file to keep the spammer bots from logging them :dunno:

For all it worth, Maybe you could you put together a page on the BSC site? That way it could be formatted in a non forum type page and easier to update and view. Just a thought.

thanks guys!

i really appreciate the love and support. its honestly quite amazing. you XJ guys are amazing and the reason that im even thinking of getting another one.

i may not get one as my DD but i likely will get one as a trail rig when i get a place to store it.

the outpouring on this site is quite nice.

thank you all so much!

Are you able to pick it from them if you pay them $400?? Someone around here might have a trailer and truck and be able to tow it home for you..

E

X2 I think you need to try and get it back. There has got to be enough good parts left to put another Jeep together. I volunteer Scotts yard to do the repairs. I keep all my spare parts up there. Get some photos up and find out waht Rick can do. Where is the Jeep at? I might be able to haul it for you.

Back