• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Comanche / Cherokee Trailer Project

fyrfytr1717

NAXJA Forum User
Finish my project! Found this back half of a Jeep Comanche and purchased it with the intent of turning it into an off road camping trailer to match the lines of my Cherokee. I had a nice 3" trailer axle custom built for it to match the stock axle width. It has provisions for an e-brake as well as electronic trailer braking. I did a SOA conversion using RuffStuff heavy duty leaf spring mounts and used a set of the Metric Tonne leaf springs that were available as an option on the Comanches. It has new Cragar V5's with a used set of 33x10.5" BFG MT's mounted up on them. It also has a Smittybuilt Dual Tube rear bumper on it. Most of the factory equipment is still in place including the e-brake lines and gas tank. The Comanche this came from was red, however the person I purchased it from spray painted it black. It has some minor dents and dings from the rollover that ultimately resulted in this Comanche's demise.

Umm... did I miss the price?

Hes asking 750 on craigslist..
[Link in craigslist thread]

Wish i had the cash as this pretty much is my idea for a tent trailer.

Sorry, yes, I have it listed at $750 on craigslist. Forgot to add the price to this listing since there's a separate field for it on craigslist. I'm willing to negotiate on price, but needed to start a little high on the craigslist ad since everyone always lowballs the crap out of you on there.

These beds are getting pretty rare. This one is not pristine, but it is in pretty darn good shape and so far as I can tell is rust free. I'm sure some of our east coast brethren would kill for one like this to use as a replacement on their MJ!

Wish i had the cash as this pretty much is my idea for a tent trailer.

You're close by too! That was my plan as well, to make it a tent trailer. That is why I ordered the e-brake option when I bought the axle. I figured you could set the e-brake (I was going to use the transfer case shift lever as the handle), disconnect the trailer, and set up the tent without having to worry about it rolling around!

It's been awhile since I've had my head in the Jeep game, but I'm about 95% sure it's a short bed. I'd have to do a little research to refresh my memory before I could say 100%. Happen to know the difference in dimensions?

Back