• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep branded roadside emergency kit

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
A family member found this at the local goodwill store and thought I might want it. It's some kind of roadside emergency unit. Near as I can tell it has never been used (batteries were never loaded judging from battery compartment) but it is also obviously missing some parts and I'm trying to figure out what. The model number on the back is HR-EK-1A. Google comes up empty, and so does ebay.

Emergency_Kit_1.sized.jpg

Emergency_Kit_2.sized.jpg

Emergency_Kit_3.sized.jpg

It looks like the Jeep boom box, except the boom box had a CD and tape player, and this one has a flashlight and first aid kit in the lid (which the boom box didn't). I found some tire pump adapters in the big open area so this may have included a pump. It may also have had jumper cables or tools or something. I don't see anything that looks like it would have held a lid for the large compartment.

Any ideas? I'll ask on some other jeep sites if we get stuck

Don't know anything but it's got room to make it a good first aid kit. That's what i'd do.

they were sold in the 90's mostly by quadratec if i remember right. i remember wanting one back then but cost way more than i wanted to pay at that time. (about 150 IIRC)

looks like all that one is missing is the compressor and tire kit.

Damn, I used to have one of those, but it was stolen after my garage was broke into.

Only thing I ever really used from it was the flash light. Besides that it just took up too much room in the CJ for more important tools/parts.

I don't see room for a BFH or a can of WD40.

Back