• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep accident in Goodlettville TN

Now I know I might have missed it on mythbusters, but if our friend Rusty was traveling at 40mph and the kid was traveling at 60mph, wouldn't that be equivalent to a 100mph impact? Yeah I'd say it could do that much damage.

F=ma my friend. But that's enough of the physics/engineering crap :D

In all seriousness Rusty, glad to hear you both are on the road to recovery. Terribly sorry for the loss of your girlfriend.

Love to meet/wheel with you at the Crawl next year if you're all healed up and have a new Jeep to wheel in.

Hope your daughter recovers quickly and can come home soon. Glad you're home and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Should you need anything, all you need to do is ask. You and your family will remain in our prayers.

Hey Rusty you might not remember, but we wheeled together one day at Turkey Bay after bumping into each other by chance. I think your buddy had a yellow Wrangler. It was right before I deployed to Afghanistan over a year ago.

I had a green 95 country with fenders cut and "Wartoad" painted on the sides. May or may not have had my doors....:doh:

It was fun and was just one of a few times that keep me in an XJ and away from the "master card" master wheelers...

Was very sad to hear of the loss of your girlfirend and the injuries to your daughter and you. Glad tp hear you two are on the way to recovery. Stay strong and stay ahead of them Docs!

I'll be in Clarksville for another month and a half before I move to NC. Drop me a line if you anything.

I wonder if this wasn't another case of "sudden acceleration" for the Toyota.

I have driven that road so many times back when I lived there, I can't imagine that a straight level road like Gallitan Road would have been challenging.

Rusty, take it one day, one minute at a time, don't try to think to far ahead or behind. Get some grief counseling, it will take longer to heal the mental wounds than it will the physical ones and lastly, get a good lawyer so that you can take care of your daughter and yourself the best you can.

And there is no shame in crying man, let it all out.

Rusty,
so srry to hear about this. Dozer filled me in and I cant even fathom the loss your going through right now. Dont be afraid to cry about it and let it out. Thankfully you and your daughter are on the recov road and can stay strong and make it through this together.
if ya'll need anything feel free to let us know. I know im in ga but Im always down to help out another jeeper especially in a time like this. I can load up a few of the boys and be there in a few hours.

And on the lawyer note, DEF get a good one. If you need help finding one lmk as my mom and several friends are attys and could recommend you a GOOD one or possibly even help you out on this.
Gl stay strong and keep us posted.
~Paul

Hey brother, I am in texas right now with my wife as she battles cancer. But when I get back to ga i will do what i can. If you get another jeep. You have free labor from me bro. Remember, god wont give you anything you cant handle. Stay incouraged. God bless.

which david pollock?? sorry, but there are a ton of you.... lol

hope ya'll are doing okay btw.

I'd put my money on the one with a Jeep prfile picture from Nashville! GL on the recovery. How is the daughter?

lmao.im sorry.. yea im from nashville tn. ghost ya had me back .thanks..lol. yea man my little girl is doing better everyday. she has a thing we all called kaylatude. and she is getting it back,so that tells me she is going to be ok.i have prayed and cried for her everynight. the MAN upstairs has her in his hands and i know she is in such great care. thanks for the thoughts and prayers from everyone. they are working really well for us all over here

lmao.im sorry.. yea im from nashville tn. ghost ya had me back .thanks..lol. yea man my little girl is doing better everyday. she has a thing we all called kaylatude. and she is getting it back,so that tells me she is going to be ok.i have prayed and cried for her everynight. the MAN upstairs has her in his hands and i know she is in such great care. thanks for the thoughts and prayers from everyone. they are working really well for us all over here

I was in an accident when I was 16 that landed me in the Hospitol for 3 months. How old is she?

So sorry for your loss.I pray for you and your daughters full recovery. I live pretty close to ya and anything I can do to help just hit me up.

kayla is 16. i have another that is 17 and a boy that is 13.. only thing i can think of i need is to hit the lotto. i am losing everything and it sucks. i dont like putting my probs for the world to see but im just mad at the world right now cause i cant work and cant look for a job but then im suppose to still pay everything and everyone. its just upseting ya know. im sorry yall im just venting..

kayla is 16. i have another that is 17 and a boy that is 13.. only thing i can think of i need is to hit the lotto. i am losing everything and it sucks. i dont like putting my probs for the world to see but im just mad at the world right now cause i cant work and cant look for a job but then im suppose to still pay everything and everyone. its just upseting ya know. im sorry yall im just venting..

There was some advice earlyer in this thread. Get a lawyer and do not accept anything from the other guys insurance company. I would even discuss with said lawyer about you daughter's injuries being permenent and her needeing ongoing medical attention. I lost my knee cap in my accident and it forever changed my life. Everything I ever wanted to do from Play soccer for my high school to going to the naval achademy was crushed in one stupid move. There are services in larger cities that will help you with everything you have going on. Keep lines of communication open. If you were in Atlanta I'd give you a name and number.

There was some advice earlyer in this thread. Get a lawyer and do not accept anything from the other guys insurance company. I would even discuss with said lawyer about you daughter's injuries being permenent and her needeing ongoing medical attention. I lost my knee cap in my accident and it forever changed my life. Everything I ever wanted to do from Play soccer for my high school to going to the naval achademy was crushed in one stupid move. There are services in larger cities that will help you with everything you have going on. Keep lines of communication open. If you were in Atlanta I'd give you a name and number.

Agreed brother.
Like I said in earlier post If you need any "legal" help or just a helping hand hit me up.
I know and am linked to TONS of lawyers.

Btw, I think once you sue theyre pants off and win this we all need to have a weekend organized that we come up and tear your new jeep they buy you apart and put your new lift tires axles gears and bumpers on that they also buy you. 8)
Anyone else think this is a good idea??
Anyways, like I said man you need anything dont hesitate to txt/call 6785491348~Paul

oh yea yall. i was still in the hospital and had my lawyer come see me. was just the day after it happen i had my lawyer come see me. thats alll on its way. was no doubt i was going to call him. he had the maddest look in his eyes when he come seen me too. so im just sitting back and letting him do his thing..and yea them kids are what keeps me going everyday..so yea a new jeep will be in the driveway someday. hell i called my lawyer before i called my family..lol

sorry, i hate dealing with facebook, it wouldnt show me his for at least an hour of searching. then i closed it out, and brought it back up and he was first on the list lol.

hope y'all are doing well!

update on my girl, she had to go back in for another surgery and have some more intestin removed, she is doing better and has smiled a few times since. they are going to be moving her from the trauma unit over to the rehab unit mon or tue. she is so ready to come home and i am so ready for her to come home. just wanted to say thank you once again for everything naxja has done for us. ill let yall know when i get her home.. everyone take care out there.

I'm glad she's doing better. There's no place like home!!!

Back