• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR tank Skid and hidden hitch

*Jonathan

NAXJA Forum User
I searched around for this but didn't find any pictures. Has anyone installed a JCR Gas tank skid plate with a Hidden Hitch receiver?
I found a decent deal on the tank skid but now I'm not sure if I can get it to play nice together with my hitch.

If anyone has done it.. do you have pics?

Thanks

It isn't exactly an answer to your question, but I am running Rusty's skid + hidden hitch + tailbone. I had to do very minor grinding on the back of the skid plate. From the looks of the pictures it looks like the JCR skid would need more grinding if it can be done at all. The back seems to be higher on the JCR.

skid-plate_595.jpg

Good luck

Looking on their site, it should work if it mounts like most hitches...you will probably have to take the hitch off and then put it on after then skid is ready for the bolts.

I don't have a Hidden Hitch. Mine is a DrawTite and it mounts just fine with my JCR skidplate. Skid goes up and the hitch installs last using the same bolt holes.

Back