• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jcr 1 ton questions...

^^ All of this becomes irrelevant when you are running 35" + tires on 15 or 16" wheels. I get more play out of my sidewalls than I get out of my tired JCR OTK steering setup. Its cheap and strong which is why you buy it in the first place.
Who is going to go to the expense to install a true high steer knuckle on the a Dana 30?

^^ All of this becomes irrelevant when you are running 35" + tires on 15 or 16" wheels. I get more play out of my sidewalls
than I get out of my tired JCR OTK steering setup.
no you don't.

Its cheap and strong which is why you buy it in the first place.
Who is going to go to the expense to install a true high steer knuckle on the a Dana 30?
there are other solutions. it just depends on how much you care.

if you can live with the dead spot, go head. run it. when I ran inverted T it pissed me off. it's strong, but there are plenty of better options.

no you don't.

there are other solutions. it just depends on how much you care.

if you can live with the dead spot, go head. run it. when I ran inverted T it pissed me off. it's strong, but there are plenty of better options.

Give it a rest steering police!, my 1ton setup has been working perfectly for 5+ years now.

people who buy it, whether from you or any of the other MFGs, bolt it on to stock locations and throw that silly bushing in there expecting it to do anything are lazy.

Lol, slow your roll steering god. Just because a guy didn't spend $400 on a Currie setup or double that on a WJ swap doesn't someone lazy.

Fwiw, it takes more effort to fit a one ton inverted t setup into stock knuckles than dropping in a beefier inverted y.

all I'm saying is that inverted T has its flaws, the biggest one is the fact that you do not have direct input on the knuckles, which manifests itself as a dead spot.

putting that bushing in there doesn't solve any problems and potentially makes some worse.

run what you want. there are other options out there, some of them are easier than others, this kind of inverted T is strong, and if you are willing to live with a dead spot go for it. but don't say you weren't warned.

soooo.... no one warned you?

Me? I was warned about the dead spot but at my lift, just at 3" I figured it would be "as bad" as others have exclaimed. I also know that if I go any higher ill be doing OTK and that will also help with the roll some.
I do expo style stuff, so its plenty strong, my main thing was I wanted bigger TRE's than the Zj stuff offered. I was kinda of shock at how light the stuff was, but being its 1/4" thick I doubt I'll EVER have an issue. I was just in awe at the ironman 1.5" Solid tie rod. I think adding that much weight would be a draw back honestly!

I just wanted to say JCR is top notch with there customer service! I'm not worried about the shorter drag link but they wanted to make it right anyway. No worries guys I'm very happy with my stuff. Not only that but I purchased my kit new from a member here, they swapped it and are giving anything missing. Very happy with the customer service I was offered. Now I feel ALOT better about spending 250 on their 1/4 panel armor, as well as their gas tank skid. :yelclap:

soooo.... no one warned you?

not really. and the manufacturers sure as hell don't

people downplay their issues a lot because they don't want to admit they ****ed up or wasted their time and money.

I will readily admit that I wasted hundreds of dollars and several months on inverted T.

I won't apologize for pointing out the problems with something. especially as important as steering.

people downplay their issues a lot because they don't want to admit they ****ed up or wasted their time and money.

I will readily admit that I wasted hundreds of dollars and several months on inverted T.

I won't apologize for pointing out the problems with something. especially as important as steering.

Does someone piss in your wheaties every morning?

I ran JCR OTK steering on my D30, and used it on my D44 as well. Managed to avoid crashing and killing buses of nuns every once in awhile.

Maybe JCR should put an adjustable cam onto their TREs. I bet they would sell a ton more steering
:yelclap:

Your ONLY good at point it out because you had a problem with the install, when every other person has not 1 complaint of this but.. hey keep preaching!

Your ONLY good at point it out because you had a problem with the install, when every other person has not 1 complaint of this but.. hey keep preaching!

its not the install that was the problem. its the physics behind the system.

Ok I've read your comments!! Tell how you make a better 50 state legal system with out heim joints!! ???

Ok I've read your comments!! Tell how you make a better 50 state legal system with out heim joints!! ???

That's just it.. you dont!, 1ton system is fine and works great unless you have over 5 inches of lift or so. Otherwise you're stuck with buying a currie system( if it breaks you stuck waiting for parts).

whatever the case is I think myself and a few others are tired of hearing about the 1 out of maybe a 100 failed steering systems, anyways you get the point...

do you even understand what the issues with inverted T are?

its not that one system failed. its a BAD design. not having direct input on the knuckles isn't good. it can be made workable if you can get the drag link close to flat, or if you run a ram on the opposite side of the tie-rod as the drag link, you can minimize the dead spot, but it will always be there.

but for those looking to get a bolt-on setup, it's hardly ideal.

if you want bolt on, the V8 zj tie-rod is good Currie is better, it has its drawbacks as well, but I'd rather deal with those than the dead spot. WJ is a good option if you are into some fab work. Hell, I'd take teraflex over inverted T any day.

That's just it.. you dont!, 1ton system is fine and works great unless you have over 5 inches of lift or so. Otherwise you're stuck with buying a currie system( if it breaks you stuck waiting for parts).
how many failed currie systems have you seen?

Back