• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've lost my mind.. or an MP90 on a stroker

I have the full Brown Dog engine mount super kit taken care of. Courtesy to Brown Dog's giveaway. :clap: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1091514&page=4 Still can't believe I won. Maybe I need to play the lottery now. That or I just used up what little good luck I had left.

Other that than not much else to report. I massaged the adapter plates a bit, making things a bit tighter. In two weeks I should have the manifold machining taken care of.

I have a second fuel rail to modify for the fuel check valve from westvirginia24976. Thanx.

I have a second fuel rail to modify for the fuel check valve from westvirginia24976. Thanx.

What's the 'fuel check valve'?
What's it for?

Hows this build going? I just bought a M90 cause' I was bored and on ebay :| not good!

PS pump on Toyota MR2 is electric.

I don't think an electric pump would flow enough. One spec I have found is 1.7 gpm and max 1000psi. A TC pump is 2.4 - 2.8 gpm and 1350-1450 psi. But that is just one pump and there are more electric pumps available. I believe even the 2011 Grand has an electric pump on some configs.

However, it is an interesting idea which I may attempt in the future. Besides simplifying reservoir mounting and lines it would also allow more belt wrap on the SC pulley.

LOL. Nope, I made that. http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1064001

The Volant came with a plastic shield that just covered 1/2 of the cone. S&B comes with an air box, but it doesn't fit that well. AEM and K&N come with a shield.

Between work, other projects and other delays work on the MP90 has been quite slow. I have done some work on the supercharger itself and acquired some parts.

Since I had to take apart the MP90 to install the pulley I decided to do some work on it. A bit of clean up work on the intake. The casting has some imperfections which I smoothed out along with the casting grain. I also just smoothed out any sharp edges on the exhaust.
P1280662.JPG

P1280672.JPG

I'm debating opening up the intake more along the lines of this, but I am unsure:
steigmierport.jpg

Stock pulley pressed off and modular pulley hub pressed on.
P1280680.JPG

Pulley installed:
P1280682.JPG

A few sensors (EGT, Boost/vac, IAT)
P1280688.JPG

EGT probe will be placed off the #6 cylinder which tends to run the hottest. The IAT probe will be interfaced with the Arduino-multi gauge and take the vacuum display place. Just need to decide on an R1 resistor for the voltage divider, write the code and wire it up.

I didn't want many gauges on the A pillar so I went with a gauge that encompassed several features and had a stock look to it. Backlight is green to match the stock lighting. Custom McNally EGT, vac and boost gauge with A pillar mount.:
P1280695.JPG

Will you be mounting the stock IAT sensor in the intake manifold?
Where are you going to mount the 2nd IAT sensor for your arduino gauge?

The stock IAT will remain where it is now, in the air box. The one for the gauge will be in the intake manifold. Possibly behind the throttle body (if room) or on the side where the stock vacuum ports are.

The calcs, which I don't hold much stock in, say 366hp with 6 psi of boost. That is given that the stroker is putting out 260 hp (hopefully more). Depending on what the engine does as far as pinging that 6 psi may be lowered.

How can you even make a prediction without even knowing what you are starting with. Spend $100 and get your jeep dynoed so you know your starting point. Without knowing where you are N/A, you can make no prediction about where you will be under boost. I'll help you out here.

stock Jeep 4.0L 190HP
+add stroker to 4.6L adds 15% displacement but due to all the limitations of the jeep 12% is closer to the actual increase in HP
+exhaust, headers, bored TB, ported head, intake, cam, CR, CAI +10% maybe 15% max.
So right now you should be around 232 cHP and maybe 240 cHP max.

For the addition of the supercharger, in a non-intercooled, non-optimized TB,intake, head, cam, you can expect with 6 pounds of boost 33% HP gain.

So best case 240chp x 33% = 320 crank HP maybe closer to 310, and that is with correct fueling and timing.

Dyno it so you can prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath.

So what size/diameter s/c pulley did you bolt on?

Back