• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

its official, im a tard!(did i win that?)

trashedxj

NAXJA Member # 1386
ok so my water pump is F#CK3D! since im sick of puttin 2 2liter bottles in it just for a run to grab some smokes its time i replace it! i got all of 58 bucks to my name and the pump is only 42, thus leaving enough money for some beer, anyone close by wanna come out and help on this project cause i got no clue what im doin! only thing i can say thats in it for ya is a few beers and meeting a fellow xj obsessor!

If it wasn't such a long drive... lol
It's not that bad of a job. just make sure you clean up the mounting surface on the block before putting the new pump back on. Another tip, lay the new pump down with the side that meets the block down, as you remove bolts place them in the new pump so you don't forget where they go. then when you remove old pump, just transfer the bolts to it.

:cheers:

yeah imma have to take major precautions on this job! i have all of a screw driver and a cheeseburger to do the job, no skills at all! so this one is one for the books if i pull it off! i've done searches and everything and cant find a GOOD write up! im mean there are plenty of them i just need one with pictures so i know whats what and where everything goes and all that jazz!

trashedxj said:
yeah imma have to take major precautions on this job! i have all of a screw driver and a cheeseburger to do the job, no skills at all! so this one is one for the books if i pull it off! i've done searches and everything and cant find a GOOD write up! im mean there are plenty of them i just need one with pictures so i know whats what and where everything goes and all that jazz!

Sounds like you elected yourself for a write up with pictures. Name it " If I Can Do It So Can You ". Sounds like a project you need to do, you need to get familar with your rig.

caglezxj said:
Sounds like you elected yourself for a write up with pictures. Name it " If I Can Do It So Can You ". Sounds like a project you need to do, you need to get familar with your rig.

Yeah, must fix situations will teach you a lot.

just remember, make sure the thermostat does in the proper way AND clean the hell out of the surface before putting your new one on, so that it seals properly and you wont have to re do it.

ok guys be very proud! i started yesterday on the job! however i didnt come look at this first so once again i took no pics! i might however take pics starting where i am with the assembly process! i have an issue though! i got everything off and got the return hose on the new pump but forgot what bolts go where and aint think to mark them! so yes I AM THE TARD, however im learning and its a very fun experience cause im learning alot about engines, befroe this i only knew basic engin stuff and only how to do customizations and im car electronic certified for video and audio! so be proud fellow jeepers, be proud! and as the above was stated, "if i can do it, anyone can"

just wanted to update everyone who might have cared...after i installed the new pump which was for the V6 i pulled it off went and got the right one and smooth sailing thank god allowed me to complete the first real engine work i've ever done in my life next to doing plugs and wires!

yeah thanks mayne! im thinkin bout puttin on a new head now cause i know thats alot easier! i want a stronger better more built head with some nice roller rockers! anyone know of a good head besides my girl(total joke!)

good job man, I just did a timing chain change on the dodge by myself a few weeks ago, very in depth project and it took me about 2 hours to get all the accessories on the front of the motor because I had to figure it out on my own.

CONGRATS

Back