• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its Alive!!!!

Cannon Co. ROCKS!

Welcome. I have my trail rig titled in Cannon Co. Hahaha.

and also if i need to tinker with something i was wondering if it'd be possible to borrow someone's driveway and a couple wrenches?

never know when something's going to go south.
your more than welcome to come out to my place wrench. i may recruit you to help with some things of mine though! :cheers:

hey thats ok. i'm not about taking and not giving back.

appreciate all the friendly welcomes and offers to help.

and one thing i'm looking at doing sooner than i'd expected is pulling the aussie out of my rear and either welding spiders or going selectable locker.

lunch box lockers (assuming they're all relatively the same design) is the worst thing you can do for the rear of your trail rig, especially if that rig is a 5spd.

there is so much slop between the contact surfaces for the cross shaft and locker that it jerks all over the place. positive to negative load transitioning would be downright scary up in the hills on steep grades.

i think it would be fine up front so i'll leave that one in but i'd rather be solid in the back then to have this sloppy locker....oooohh i like that term... :p

does anyone have spiders for a 44?

I'll check on the D44 spiders.....I think I have several sets if I can find them.

i ran a lockright in mine with a 5spd for years and it never pissed me off too bad! i have wheeled welded with a 5spd as well, and lemmetellya, you'll wish you had the aussie back. i'm aboot to lockright the rear in my new rig with an auto now, and it'll be the first lunchbox locker i've ever run in an auto rig. i hope it doesn't suck...

i would have assumed that i just got a faulty locker but the tollerances on the front and all of the properties, good and bad, are exactly the same.

i'm not sure why i'd heard so many more good things about the aussies than the lock rights...

so no slop in the lockright?

what did you dislike about the welded setup?

i just want to get rid of the play. i can literally crawl under and move my driveline back and forth about 3/4 i'd say, i really dont understand how that much play can be safe offroad. or on road for that matter.

oh and we got a place yesterday on thompson off of muffboro pk.

its not bad... if you've ever seen the movie Joe's apartment...its a little better than that. lol

Last edited:
I saw ya on 40, just outside of nashville (East) the other day. I was in a silver 5.9L ZJ with a bike rack on the top. Lots of traffic that day. Welcome, to Nashville!

i dunno, i've never wheeled with an aussie, because i keep getting killer deals on lickrights. the welded rear end wasn't too bad, unless i needed to turn in a parking lot or anything. it puts a lot of stress on the axleshafts when you turn, and it's obvious. the tires chirp quite a bit, and you just feel your butthole pucker a little. if you don't drive it daily on the road, welded isn't so bad. i had some slop in my drivetrain, but i never noticed it when i was driving, aside from the clickclickclick when i'd turn in parking lots. i'm iguana try to put the new lock right that i got for $100 bucks on here in the rear tomorrow, if the rain lets up...:D

well i dont mind the tire chirpage and i'm not too concerned about the axle shafts in the 44 so i think untill i can afford to go selectabel i'll just git'r'welded.

havent seen too many jeeps lifted over 2 inches or so but there's a couple nice ones. so many vehicles around here its hard to remember the colors and zj/xj but i'm sure i'll start recognizing some of them a little more.

oh and a little update on the apt situation.

woke up this morning to VOMIT all over our front porch, the g/f's plants, the jeep, and the top and back of the canopy and truck, and a little under the truck, and up on the ledge and window of the apartment above us. we were a little peived that someone couldn't manage to make it to the bathroom but they found it handier to open the 1964 POS windows that dont stay up, and blow chunks out there...

fabulous...

yeah..... that sucks.... i think you'll be fine welded. the chirping won't be so bad if ya run the tire pressure higher than normal in the back. what do ya want for the d44 luchbox locker? i'd like to put it in my fullsize waggy...

i traded it to my brother for his 75 K10 long box.

i get two free months of cell phone...

l_bed9b247c4141e14679b112e7af78fd4.jpg

Welcome to the SE.

Back